1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pricing jobs

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by JUNKYARD, Jun 14, 2011.

JUNKYARD Junior Member

I am fresh to the industry in fact this will be my first year. Can one of the senior or experenced members tell me how do i go about pricing out job thiss year i want to concrete on home owners because i small andd do not have a large amount of equipment
    one ford f350 with a 8.5 western and 2 snow blowers and a spreader
    any suggestions would be great
    tom junkyard
  2. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

Search, search, search. Read, read, read. Thumbs Up Know your costs, figure out what you need to make, and price accordingly. No one can tell you how much to charge, that's part of being in business. Good luck in your adventure! Thumbs Up
  3. KEC Maintaince

KEC Maintaince Senior Member
    from N.J.

Thats a big truck and plow to be doing just drives but then again it depends on the drives also.
    drives can range in price from 25 bucks and up depends on how big and what else is done.
    i get 50 dollars per drive just blower. usually 4 car 2 long and 2 wide with a walk way and sidewalk.
    usually takes 15-20 min.
    with a plow i can knock it out much faster but some customers with paver driveways dont want no plow on their driveway.
  4. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

Congrats to your new adventure

We have what you are looking for. You may have seen this package in the Snow publications as well.

Take the guesswork out of your bidding & estimating.

Snow & Ice Management Bidding Package Includes:#1 Snow & Ice Management Manual � this is a comprehensive manual covering all aspects of snow & ice management for both residential and commercial accounts. Also includes application rates for many different deicing materials.

#2 Snow & Ice Management CD with over 20 templates for contracts, route sheets, hours of operation sheets, Who�s first, proposal formats, don�t take the risk template for clients, sample invoices, sample marketing forms and much more. All these templates are in Microsoft Word format and are completely customizable to your business.

#3 Snow & Ice Management Quick Estimator CD � calculates per push, per event, hourly or season contracts. Also calculates material application rates for both granular and liquid applications for any deicing material that you may be using. This CD also calculates time and material for application of material, and hand labor as well. This CD runs in Microsoft Excel and is not software. You simply fill in the blanks and you have your estimate.

Go to www.profitsareus.com or call us at 800-845-0499 to order. Feel free to call us with any questions you might have as well. Being a full-service lawn & landscaping business myself since 1979, I know what a contractor is looking for; something simple, accurate and professional. This package is it.

Watch for a SnowEx sponsored "Cold Cash Seminar" in your area.