1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by nickmessina, Sep 15, 2013.

1. nickmessina

nickmessina Junior Member

I am bidding on a strip mall parking lot ,home to grocery store and about 15 other small stores. I fiqured a price for 1-6 inchs . I plan to increase the price evrey two inchs ..6-8 8-10 but how much do i raise it ? is there a standard percent i can use to raise it . I know insurance time and fuel play a big part
    what happens if we get 30 inchs..

L30 volvo 12 foot pusher
    758 cat
  2. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

I price it by the amount of time it takes to plow. If it takes twice as long to plow x amount of inches just plug in the numbers in. Every lot is different and some plow differently with greater snow depths. My depth's are .5 -3",3.1-6" etc. If you get 30" you're most likely going to plow it 4 or 5 times at the rates you have for that amount of snow. Maybe 4 times the 8" charge. Everyone seems to have a different view though.
  3. snocrete

snocrete Banned

I've never found a % or "magic formula" to do this....and it work for every account. Each job is bid accordingly.

But fwiw, I like increments like this -

2in or less = $1
    2.1 - 4 = $2
    4.1 - 6 = $3
    6.1 - 8 = $4
    8.1 - 10 = $5
    10.1 or more = $6 + whatever other bracket equals total (ex. - 13in = $8)

30in would be $16 ($6 + $5 + $5)
  4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

What about a seasonal bid