1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pricing how confusing,,,,,,,

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by lowrider57, Nov 22, 2008.

1. lowrider57

lowrider57 Member

Ok guys newbie back,,,sorry,,,,now for the next question,,how the hell do you charge someone for plowing in simple English,,,lol all this talk about hourly,per push,seasonal wow really confused,,,what would be the easiest way to charge and still be fair to all involved,not looking to lowball (I have that done to me all summer long sealcoating) so asking all the pros here what would be the easiest and best way to price a job,,oh and thanks again,,,,
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Well start with this,how do you price your sealcoating job?
  3. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

I charge per storm of 2 - 8 inches (a storm is by low pressure area as seen on the TV weather). My average charge is $45. so its $45 if we get 2". its $45 if we get 8" (I dont get lake affects snow hear) if we get over 8" (twice last year) I charge per inch.
  4. scitown

scitown Senior Member

What part of MA are you from? North south east or west?
  5. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

Marborough area.
  6. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Charging per storm is the esiest JMO.
  7. lowrider57

lowrider57 Member

When sealcoating I charge by square foot like anywhere from 6 - 10 cents a foot,,I try and get with customer to kinda feel them out as to what they will spend and take it from there,,this plowing is a lot harder to figure out,,,lol Only reason I'm even doing it is alot of my customers have been requesting i start so they would have same guy doing all their driveway needs,,,I sure do appreciate all the answers you guys have been giving me wish thier was a way of repaying you all,,Thanks alot,,,any more answers would be appreciated,,how about some contracts to look at,,,lol see give a guy an inch and he'll take a mile,,,,lmao.....
  8. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

Well it could be a wise choice because you cant very well seal lots when there snow on them. Where i am we get lake effect most people wont even think about perpush there just far to cheap. They want contracts. In a storm where we get 12 inchs over 3 days a lite storm. we can push 3 times on a driveway more on a lot depending on tolerance and when it starts and stops. That adds up fast thats why most people just jump on the contract wagon. now if the lake freezes early ill stand to make some easy money. If not ill have to work for it which is fine too.
  9. GreenManEnvy

GreenManEnvy Senior Member

Take a look in the Estimating/Bidding forum ~ there are a bunch of recent threads that show example contracts.

I've been playing around with reworking my landscaping contracts (have to for the new PA regulations coming around in July), so I've grabbed three different examples from there in the last few days, just to get ideas.

They'll give you a starting point. The ending point, really (unfortunately) should include review by a lawyer, otherwise you're more likely to end up with something that doesn't actually hold up in court, should it come to that.

You can also use the search feature on the site and I'm sure you'll have days of reading (and tons more contracts) to entertain you. :D