1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pricing Help

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Aura Lawns, Jan 8, 2015.

1. Aura Lawns

Aura Lawns Member
    from VA

I have 2 driveways that take about 30 min each and I am charging $30 each plus salting. I am using a mower with a straight plow, do these prices seem reasonable?

Thanks!

:usflag:

2. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

Are you making money above your overhead?

3. snowplower1

snowplower1 Senior Member

That sounds pretty cheap For something that takes 30 minutes to do one driveway. Most plow guys would charge at a minimum 35-40 for a 5 minute driveway. But using a mower you will be able to charge less but iI'd charge more than 30

4. jhenderson9196

jhenderson9196 Senior Member

Doesn't matter how long it takes. It's worth a given amount per sq ft. It intakes him 30 minutes.Thats a dollar a minute. If I can do it in 5 with the truck and plow I run is it worth only $5? That's the idea of running equipment that's the most efficient for the job at hand.

5. snowplower1

snowplower1 Senior Member

Good point but sometimes you can't base it just off sq ft because some small lots can take a lot longer because they are more tedious

6. Aura Lawns

Aura Lawns Member
    from VA

I am covering al of my costs and overhead the driveways are all 2 cars by 1 car in size and none of them are too steep. I should clarify they take approx 30 min now using my BR600 and a shovel i am purchasing a mower and using that to plow instead so time will decrease!

7. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

Don't forget the tire chains and weights :nod:

8. Aura Lawns

Aura Lawns Member
    from VA

Way ahead of you:mechanic:

9. Aura Lawns

Aura Lawns Member
    from VA

cid:0592A4DD-6F3A-4C36-BFB8-A6FBE9D5C592