1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pricing help

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by G_Dubs, Mar 31, 2011.

1. G_Dubs

G_Dubs Junior Member
    from Zone 4

Just received a referral to a landscape account that includes plowing as well.

The driveway is roughly 2000' feet long, up a pretty steep hill, with some steeper dropoffs on the sides. I'm not really bidding against anyone, since the caretaker is a firend of mine, but I don't want to seem greedy, and also don't want to leave money on the table,(or lose my shirt.

Only have two yrs plowing exp. on small residentials. Any thoughts?

Upstate NY

2. dayexco

dayexco Senior Member

if you figure out what it costs you to operate, then you should be very comfortable in your decision on the quote you submit. at that time you'll know whether you'll lose your shirt, and raise your price, orrrrrrrrrr....you'll realize that you have too much gravy on it, and lower your price. good luck

3. JTVLandscaping

JTVLandscaping Senior Member

Post #2...x2. Learn your costs, know your costs. Factor in fuel, wear and tear, material, and insurance...then caculate what it costs you per hour to put your truck on the road, add profit and taxes and figure out how long you'll be in that driveway plowing.

4. SIWEL

SIWEL Senior Member

if it is a steep hill plan on returning numerous times during the storm or else you will loose your shirt. Price it accordingly, if you get a 6" storm you may have to go 2 times. Make sure you remember that. Remember, I don't plow for my health, I plow to make a living.

5. TPC Services

TPC Services Senior Member

I'll do it for $19.99. Thumbs Up Just like the old Macco paint commercials,

6. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

Bidding Help

Kuddo's to the above post to know your cost. We offer a CD that calculates your cost per hour of operation for your company based on your overhead, use-rates and expenses. It's called Know why you charge what you charge." Check it out at www.profitsareus.com

We also have a available along with that a Snow & Ice Management Bidding Package Includes:

#1 Snow & Ice Management Manual – this is a comprehensive manual covering all aspects of snow & ice management for both residential and commercial accounts. Also includes application rates for many different deicing materials.

#2 Snow & Ice Management CD full of over 20 templates for contracts, route sheets, hours of operation sheets, Who’s first, proposal formats, don’t take the risk template for clients, sample invoices, sample marketing forms and much more. All these templates are in Microsoft Word format and are completely customizable to your business.

#3 Snow & Ice Management Quick Estimator CD – calculates per push, per event, hourly or season contracts. Also calculates material application rates for both granular and liquid applications for any deicing material that you may be using. This CD also calculates time and material for application of material, and hand labor as well. This CD runs in Microsoft Excel and is not software. You simply fill in the blanks and you have your estimate.

Go to www.profitsareus.com or call us at 800-845-0499 to order. Feel free to call us with any questions you might have as well. Being a full-service lawn & landscaping business myself since 1979, I know what a contractor is looking for; something simple, accurate and professional. This package is it.