1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

pricing for skid with snowblower

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by zlssefi, Oct 14, 2013.

1. zlssefi

zlssefi Senior Member

Im bidding on a commercial account and they want a price for a skid with a snowblower to widen out the roadway once a few storms are plowed. I was thinking 140-150 an hr for an s185 with a 72 inch blower. thoughts?
  2. ryde307

ryde307 PlowSite Veteran

Pricing will be all over based on location amount of snow ect. but I see alot around here from $100-$140 Hr.
  3. MSsnowplowing

MSsnowplowing Senior Member

I bid prices depending on the site anywhere from $150 to $175 just for a regular skidsteer to move snow.

Also, Do you have the machine?

If not find out what rental will be on it from November to April and add in the delivery and pick up charge, fuel cost and add that in to your base rate per hour for the season.

I also have to ask "why does the road need to be widened after a few storms?"

Aren't you plowing the road width?
  4. zlssefi

zlssefi Senior Member

I own the machine with the snowblower attachment. We are plowing the road to the curbs, but the snow we have been getting the last few years has caused roadways to get narrow rather quick. Especially during the 24" events.
  5. MSsnowplowing

MSsnowplowing Senior Member

$150 a hour, 4 hour minium. sounds about right, that's what I would go for. If I was renting it, $175 a hour, 4 hour min.