1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pricing for skid steer?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by vegaman04, Jun 26, 2011.

1. vegaman04

vegaman04 Senior Member

New Holland LX865. Appears to be a nice looking machine with 2400 hours, has been painted tho. New Right and Left Hydro Drives.New Hydraulic Lift Pump, new Drive Axle Bearings on all wheels.Replaced oil in the left and right chain drive sumps and replaced hydraulic fluid. Hes asking 12k, no heat, cab or 2 speed. Is it worth it?? Was going to get an 8ft Kage for lots so 2 speed would be nice.
  2. Gmgbo

Gmgbo Senior Member

You will go crazy without haveing 2 speed for plowing. Last year I bought an 885 with cab, heat, and 2 speed with 2000 hours for 15k. It also came with a bucket, forks, and steel tracks. Look around, you will find a better deal
  3. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

I would say that is worth closer to $10k.
  4. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

Id give no more than 8, I buy and sell skids, tire machine prices are in the toilet now, he will have it in winter at 12
  5. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Why are the prices for wheeled machines in the toilet?
  6. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

I cant say, tracked machines are still selling but slowly. We often find guys purchase skids in the early spring to gear up for summer work and a little bit in the fall for snow removal and mainly tax purposes, sales are dead in the winter and this year slow for the summer, maybe the rise in fuel killed it.

Its not just me, I talked to a couple of my buyers and they all say the same thing, I'm sitting on some for 2-3 months now. I had all my mini excavators sold by end of april
  7. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

yeah our 319 track John Deere machine 1 speed only does 6.x mph, sucks b/c you need to be at 100% throttle even with light snow to move anywhere... and thats still not fast.

our 2 speed 332/328D john deere skid steers can move efficiently at 60-75% throttle unless its real heavy with 10' boxes.