1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pricing for Mag Chloride?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by cjasonbr, Aug 28, 2007.

1. cjasonbr

cjasonbr Senior Member
    from Mass

I went to that website that's been tossed around here, www.meltsnow.com. Their Mag chloride looked good and they were local so i gave them a ring. They gave me the number of their distributer in Springfield MA. I called the guy and he said the Mag Chloride would cost me $12 a bag for a couple pallets!! He said he could better if i wanted a full truckload. From what i can understand these bags go for $6 - $7 when bought by the truckload.

Am i missing something? This pricing seems outrageous.

Edit: Also, the price was not including delivery, i was going to pick it up.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2007
  2. SnowMelt2006

SnowMelt2006 Member

Mag Chloride Flake goes for about $8.00 - 8.50 per bag in truckloads (864 bags) delivered to New England.

Just FYI.

3. cjasonbr

cjasonbr Senior Member
    from Mass

does anyone know of a place around western MA where i could get a good price on a couple pallets of Mag chloride? I'm not having very good luck finding a decent price...

4. Natures Edge

Natures Edge Junior Member

hows $10 a bag delivered

5. cjasonbr

cjasonbr Senior Member
    from Mass

that sounds good. Care to give me a lead on these $10 bags? Thanks!

6. cjasonbr

cjasonbr Senior Member
    from Mass

Pretty please?

7. Natures Edge

Natures Edge Junior Member

Sorry for the delay I have been on holidays. Contact Rob Lakoseljac at 1866 332 3158