1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pricing for equipment usage

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by dsean94, Apr 28, 2003.

1. dsean94

dsean94 Junior Member

I am in the Chicagoland area and submitting a bid. I need some info. How much should I charge for snowfall over 4 inches cost per hour:
    - pickup truck with plow
    - 18 wheel dump truck
    - end loader 20 Cat
    - end loader 742 Cat skid loader
    - salt spreader
    - disposal fee
    - bags of salt per ton
    - bulk salk

2. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

Welcome to Plowsite!

You should charge what you need to cover the costs incurred to own\rent\lease & operate that equipment, replace it when it expires, and provide for the profit you desire. Nobody here will really be able to help you with those numbers (except equipment costs maybe) unless you want to provide all of the details I just mentioned. This is because not everyone pays their employees the same rates, has the same insurance costs, desires the same profit margin, etc., etc.. I can answer the next to the last question which says bags of salt per ton. If they are 50 pound bags there are 40 per ton, if they are 80 pound bags there are 25 per ton. Good luck with the bid.