1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pricing for Blizzards?

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by mike33087, Feb 11, 2007.

1. mike33087

mike33087 Senior Member

How do some of you charge for blizzards? Or do u jjust charge for ammounts in excess of 12"?
  2. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

Well...if we ever go anything like that here again....my only remaining contract says lot will be cleared after two inches has accumulated...no max set for this lot, so they would pay everytime I plowed it. Some contracts that give prices per inch I've seen go like this example: (all inch increments are just for example) let's say 2" trigger
    2-4: $100.00
    4-8: $150.00
    8-12: $200.00
    12+: $200.00 plus $25.00 per inch. Meaning if you plow 14" it's $250.00, 15" $275.00, you get the idea. That is for snow measured on lot before plowing service starts, not total storm accumulation, people sometimes like to argue that "Well, I only had 8 inches in my driveway at home, there's no way there was 13 on my lot:rolleyes: "
  3. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

I charge 2-4 is a set price then every inch there after.If they say we will get 3 inches I wait till it is done to start but if they say blizzard.I start removing at 3 or 4 inches.

4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

All of our accounts are a set price but we plow more then once to keep them clean and the customer is chaged for each plowing.