1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pricing for a daycare

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by bdmlandscape, Oct 1, 2014.

1. bdmlandscape

bdmlandscape Junior Member
    from RI

Hey guys just wondering what your thoughts are on these 2 lots for a daycare I was asked to bid I highlighted where the snow is to be stacked as well as the 2 entrances for one lot and the second is pretty much self explanatory any feedback is appreciated.

image.jpg

Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
  2. indplstim

indplstim Senior Member

How set are they about getiting all the snow into those set areas? I would hate to have to maneuver around those parking curbs circled in red. Seems like it would increase your time a good bit. What about sidewalks in front and around building, and salt?

3. LapeerLandscape

LapeerLandscape PlowSite.com Addict

If those are curbs that would be even more of a nightmare to get all the snow to the left side. I see those yellow marks at the 2 entrances and other parking spots on the right and left side.

4. bdmlandscape

from RI

The curb stops are definitely going to be tough to get around might see if we can move them for the winter if they aren't permanently set there and after visiting the site there are shrubs bordering the rest of the property that would be damaged if snow is stacked there and definitely will need salt and I'm being told their maintenance guys are going to take care of the walks

5. BP73

BP73 Junior Member
    from PA

I'm NEW to all this as well and if I had no input from others, I might bid $225 per push. Waiting to see what others have to say. This is how we learn.

6. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

7. bdmlandscape

from RI

Thanks for the input and are you thinking with the car stops in place or removed for that price and no sand/salt or shoveling correct?

8. bdmlandscape

from RI

Size is 81 spaces not sure of exact size I will get it tomorrow

9. BP73

BP73 Junior Member
    from PA

My price is without sand/salt. With the curbs.

10. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

Me in my area
    All sidewalks $150
    Calcium on side walks $120
    Plowing up to 3 inches $250
    Salt $250
    1 truck plowing
    1 guy shoveling 1,5 hours

11. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Are those parking blocks in the middle of the entrance. Also I am guessing the yellow is where the snow goes, so how are you gonna get past the parking blocks? Now you also have parking blocks by the sidewalk, who is gonna shovel that out? Especially since they are appear to be handicap spaces.

12. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

81 spaces / With all the Parking Bumpers all over the place including where the snow goes. $500 a push. 2 inches. Now if the Parking Bumpers where ALL gone, $ 250 .

13. bdmlandscape

from RI

I outlined the entrances in blue and area where snow is to be stacked in yellow and the area of concern circled in red. The shoveling as of now is going to be taken care of by their maintenance crew. The parking blocks are my biggest issue not sure how much theyre going to impact my time but im thinking significantly.

14. bdmlandscape

from RI

Would your shoveling price include by the main road or just around building? also is the plowing as the site stands or if i can remove some of the parking stops to make the job a little easier? Thanks

15. bdmlandscape

from RI

Thanks for the input looks like we were all in the same ball park

16. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

How are you gonna get past the blocks to stack snow? If they are not pinned great but who moves them? If they are pinned it is a disaster waiting to happen. Almost guarantee that at least one will be hit over the course of the winter. This will leave you with a piece of rebar just waiting to tear bits of your truck or plow off. If you stop pushing at the blocks you could run out of room in no time. Just be sure you price for the PITA factor.

17. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

What do YOU think you should price it at?

18. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

Not by street by me towns takes care of them
    I have one that we do it's a pain town puts all snow in walk usually need the skid to clean it up