1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pricing Condo Complex's

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by NAC, Sep 14, 2004.

1. NAC

NAC Senior Member

I was wondering if guys have any tricks on how to price condo complexes's. I did one last year it was about 110 units in 7 clusters it took about 4-6 hours with 1 skid steer/ 8' pusher and 3 laborers shoveling and 1 pickup with 8' blade.
    I have the opportunity to bid a couple more complex's with in 10 min of my shop so was wondering how you guys figure time and price by the inch y the push or by the hour. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

Five Star Lawn Care LLC Senior Member

just wondering what you used the skid steer and box blade for at a condo complex. We do lawn mainenance on a couple of condos...we only do snow on one complex..its a small 20 unit complex....takes us about 40 min with a pick-up and 2 blowers

alot of guys around here that do a lot of condos like to use the back blades on pick-ups..i think it would be a great idea...unless there where a lot of cars in drives then your forced to shovel or snow blow

3. NAC

NAC Senior Member

box blade

I have a FCC 8' pusher with a back drag plate on so I pull up the garage door and back drag to the street where iether I make a pass with pick up and pile it up or after i back drag all the driveways i make a pass with the pusher to pile it up. Here is a picture.

DSC00401.3.JPG

4. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

Five Star Lawn Care LLC Senior Member

that is a bad a$$ machine....but honestly i think its overkill for what you are using it for. i would definatly go with a pickup with a back drag blade....you could get alot closer to the garage doors which would mean you could probably cut atleast one guy off the sidewalk crew and you could utilize that beastly machine on a larger comercial lot.

I dont know the set-up of the location but mainly around here you ussually have a 20-40 foot drive and a 10-20' walkway to the door....then what ever citywalks and roads...i would make sure you are utilizing your equipment properly..

5. NAC

NAC Senior Member

Ya but

I understand what you are saying i have about 120 driveways to do some single some double that machine can get up to 4" from the door the pusher flips foward so the top lip is what backdrags when in the back drag position you can see the lip. Also there is one large parking lot and small groups of parking cluster scattered every where also a lot of people for some reason I cant understand dont use there garage and leave the cars outside so a skid steere is more monervable than the truck and he roads are pretty skinny so the skid steer works best.

DSC00390.1.JPG

DSC00391.1.JPG