1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pricing Commercial

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by chris k, Sep 16, 2003.

1. chris k

chris k Senior Member

Is there any general rule of thumb to go by for how much square footage can be plowed with an 8 foot blade per hour.
    I know that it can vary depending upon how much snow, if the snow is fluffy or wet, if there are obstructions to go around, etc.
    That's why I say a "general" rule of thumb. Anything that's on paper that you can keep with you?
  2. Snoworks

Snoworks Senior Member

This has been discussed before. I use the one acre rule - per hour. This is with 2-4" of flufy snow with minimal obstructions. The more water content in the snow - the lower the figure should be.

Lots with alot of obstructions- say a typical CVS or Walgreens, would be around 30,000 sf per hour. Thats my production times with an 8'-0" plow. Give or take a few minutes.

Chuck B.