1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pricing based on Productivity Rate

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by SixStar, Nov 9, 2006.

1. SixStar

SixStar Junior Member
    from Boston

Question on Estimated Production Rates.

I've looked all over plowsite.com but I have not found this info yet. If there is a prior thread with all this info please let me know. Thanks in advance.

I am trying to price commercial office property for the first time and along with the plowing and carting we will be responsible for clearing walks, loading bays and docks as well as primary, secondary and emergency exits. The only rate I have as an estimate at this time is plowing 50k sq ft per hour with an 8' straight. We have just purchased a 2500HD with an 8'. I want to base my rates off of estimated production rates. Of course, I know there are variables and the difficulty of a lot needs to be judged on it's own but I know there has to be a median/average for the categories below. Please comment on what you have found to be your hourly production rates for the following. Thanks.

Plowing & Sanding
    -Plowing Square feet per hr 8':
    -Plowing Square feet per hr 9':
    -Sanding Square feet per hr with commercial spreader:

Shoveling and Sanding
    - Square feet per hour:
    - Linear feet per hour ( in the case of average 3'-4' wide walkways ):
    - Standard Stairs( 3'-4' wide):

Snow Blowing
    - Square feet per hour:
    - Linear feet per hour ( in the case of average 3'-4' wide walkways ):

Carting
    Per tonnage:
    Per hour:

Thanks in advance

-SixStar

2. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

I don't do it by the square I do it by the inch.I think 150 a hour for my truck and plow thats what I would charge a business if I did it by the hour.My side walk crews I charge 25 dollars a hour per man.

I do not do sanding so sorry can't help you there

RCGM
    Brad

3. jcesar

jcesar Senior Member
    from Mi

Where is Mick?
    Try to get ahold of him. He loves to figure this stuff out, and is quite good at it.