1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pricing Assistance

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by michlwillms, Jan 6, 2010.

1. michlwillms

michlwillms Junior Member

OK, I've been subing for a while now and I have this church I'm wanting to bid on. It's approximately 3.5 acres and pretty well open. It's just me and my lonesome truck and plow.

Any ideas on what to charge?

Thanks for your help.

2. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

An acre an hour is about average. How much do you want to make an hour? I'd bid it $350 and then put some wings on your plow to cut your time down. Do they want salt? Do you know what they are paying now?

3. michlwillms

They currently have someone doing it, and he told me that they were open to other bids. I need to talk with him about ice control, they have a huge sidewalk and it doesn't look like anyone professionally has done it. I was going to add a salt option, but want to talk with him about weather or not they want the parking lot done or just the steps.

4. AA+ Landscaping

AA+ Landscaping Senior Member

Most of the time some church member is doing it next to nothing.

5. Snowplowing Churches

That is right. I do my church ( labor ) as an offering to the church. Parking lot is shared with a Doctor's office takes about an 90 minutes for light snow & 180 minutes for wet & heavy snow.
    On days that snow they do an extra offering asking for money to pay for the fuel for the snowplowing.
    100 bags in Oct. was
    They get there own Traction Melt:
    100 bags in Oct. of 2009 was $800.00.. Bags are 50 lbs each.
    50 bags for $425.00 for the last shipping in Dec. of 2009.
    So far going on 200 bags.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2010
  6. michlwillms

It's a fairly new church, so I'm hoping that's not the case.

7. The other church I do is an old school. Parking lot is about 2 to 3 gym sizes. With-OUT cars in lot take 1 hour with light & dry snow to 2 hours wet & heavy snow.
    I need to raise my rates now. Fuel prices was $2.299 cheap gas, 2.399 for middle grade gas, $2.499 for highest grade gas & diesel was $2.359 all per gallon when season started! NOW GETTING ALL THESE SNOW STORMS PRICES ARE NOW $3.059, $3.159, $3.259 FOR GAS & FOR DIESEL $3.509 PER GALLON!