1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pricing a Western 2000 spreader

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by AMAC, Dec 10, 2003.

1. AMAC

AMAC Junior Member

I need some info on a western model 2000 spreader with swing away option and variable speed option installed. My dealer quoted me a price of about $2,067.00 installed. Is this a fair price? also, does anyone own this model and about how many average lots (gas stations) can I spread with a full hopper? It holds 530 lbs.
  2. AMAC

AMAC Junior Member

Hey guys, help is appreciated!
  3. EIB

EIB Senior Member

I paid 1900.00 for a Western Pro Flo 2 out the door. He wanted only 100.00 to install it, but I like to put stuff on my own truck. Price varies from state to state.

As far as app. rates it all depends on the weather conditions. I have one lot that has about a mile of road and around 50 parking spaces. The most I've put down is 450lbs and the least is 200lbs. It takes time to learn.

I also pretreat before it snows, which takes it to bare pavement when its plowed.
  4. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

I think I only paid about 1200.00 for mine. Piece of cake to install. The 540 pound rating is very conservative. I put close to 800 pounds in it regularly.

Don't waste money on the variable speed controller. I never use it. I always keep it on the most powerful setting since I mostly salt larger lots.
  5. AMAC

AMAC Junior Member

Hey, Plowmiester is yours still for sale? By the way, thanks for the help so far... to every one!
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2003
  6. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

I decided to keep it. I need to tell Sean to get it out of the for sale area. If you want, I will talk to my dealer and ask him for a qute on a new one. I wasn't kiddink though. 1200.00 for the spreader, swing away gate, and variable speed controller. Send me a pm if anyone is interested.
  7. SCL

SCL Senior Member