1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pricing a parking lot

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by rcplowguy, Jan 18, 2011.

1. rcplowguy

rcplowguy Junior Member

Hi Guys, does anyone have a system to price parking lots? I would like to maybe figure the sq ft of the parking lot then put a certain price to each sq ft and bam I got my price. Based on a simple lot with nothing in the way. What's the average price per hour to plow a parking lot? Lets say in the N.E. Ohio area, particularly in the North Canton/Canton area. Much appreciated guys, thanks. Rich

2. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

A truck on Average can plow an acre an Hour....So, after You Measure the lot your interested in bidding.....Figure out what the Canton Market rate is per hour and Bam...You have your Price....

Its tough for me in Cornhole, Michigan to give you a Price in Canton Ohio..Two Very Different Markets....

3. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

Yes sir......

4. rcplowguy

rcplowguy Junior Member

Thanks

Thanks for the info that helps a lot. Let it snow!

5. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

There are alot of variables in pricing a lot. If you just enter a square foot price you will win some, and lose some. You have to look at the lot. Obstacles, where your going to stack, how much back dragging is involved, curbs, and so forth. With experience you can figure out all that just by looking at the lot. You will also get your timing down alot easier after you have done this a couple seasons. Good Luck

6. Omran

Omran Senior Member
    from KY

I do all my work on hourly rates. but I don't have small lots so I don't know what to do yet on small jobs till I get them.

7. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

We have an estimating CD

We offer an estimating CD that will calculate time and material for a job. As mentioned above, there are many variables other than square footage that must be considered.

The first thing is to calculate your cost per hour based on your overhead and expenses. Then you can determine your pricing. Yes what the market is charging is important, but more important is knowing your company's break-even cost per hour so you can price the job. Then push it a little and get what the market will bear.