1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pricing 80 Unit Condo *HELP*

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by MrLank, Oct 2, 2010.

1. MrLank

MrLank Junior Member

Help with this bid. They want a 1" trigger but they want the bid if a 4" snow had fallen. I know the parking lot isn't that much but their sidewalks never end lol. Wondering how many hours the you think it'd take. Any help I would appreciate. Blue is all the sidewalks.

2. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

The way I see it...there are 4 ways to bid it..Per Occurrence, Per Event, Hourly, or Fixed Seasonal...with the one inch trigger....I would assume the seasonal is not the way to go unless they are willing to pay for it.

Now from what you said..it looks as if they want a price for "per event" 1-4, (4.1-7,7.1-10,10-12,>12)

If that's the case...you need to find out what you what to make hourly on the lot, hourly on the walks, and how much salt you will need, and what to charge for applying that. Figure out what equipment you will be using, how many laborers, how long it will take, and so forth.

Without personally knowing your market, what you need to make to make a good margin, overhead, and how bad you want the job...my numbers really don't mean anything...

That being said...looks like a great job to get, and good luck.

Maybe with some more info about things, we could maybe throw you a few numbers.
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2010
  3. MrLank

MrLank Junior Member

Well I'm not to worried about the parking lot because 1 truck will be able to clear in an hour. Whats throwing me off is the sidewalks. Its hard to get the view of how much there actually is from the picture but it just seems like a lot. I'll have 2 laborers on the walks and 1 plow truck. They salt all the walkways, so I'd just have to take care of the lot. So I'm thinking 2 hours for 2 laborers to get all the walks done. At the same time I think it could take longer and that is what is throwing me through a loop.
  4. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

What equipment are you going to use on the sidewalks? If it's just to guys with shovels, and a bag of salt, then it will take some time. However, if your using a quad with a blade, or a couple snow blowers, you will cut your time quite a bit. Help us help you and let us know what your going to use.
  5. MrLank

MrLank Junior Member

Each laborer will have a snow blower. So I know it will be a lot quicker then 2 shovels. I have an ariens 24" and a yard machines 26". I also mentioned that the condo unit has a bucket with a cup in every building with salt, so I don't have to salt the walks.
  6. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

very easy, i don't see any driveways, if your two labours are doing it, 2 hours max, with snowblowers less, although on 1 inch, give them a shovel, it well look better. Just don't let it get away from you, that is the mistake many people make with large sidewalk jobs. the time really starts to add up if you end up with 2 foot drifts everywhere. Stay on top of those sidewalks, and you well be fine