1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

prices

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by streetzstylz, Aug 22, 2002.

1. streetzstylz

streetzstylz Junior Member

as some of you know i am new to plowing and i was wondering what a good going rate is for drive wayz

2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

I use the system of $xxx per drive, lot etc. I figure how long it will take and use $100 - $125 per hr. I never give an hourly rate to keep from scaring people. If you use that method, you'll also want to allow for deeper snow - for example: $25 for 3-6", $37 for over 6" to 12" and $37 plus $1 an inch over 12".

3. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Another way is to figure the amount you want "per car". For example, if you can park one car in the driveway and your "per car" rate is $10, then using the increment system Mick mentioned, that driveway would be a $10 driveway, for your first increment. Using that same $10, if you can park 4 cars in a driveway, then the first increment would be $40. etc. etc. etc.

In your market the per car rate may be $3, or $8, or $15... To further complicate things, as others have mentioned in other threads, in one town you may get $8 per car, and 5 miles down the road be able to get $15 per car...

~Chuck