1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Prices seem fair?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by William B., Aug 15, 2005.

1. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

I have been pricing plows out locally here and this is what I have gotten so far
    8ft Western Pro Ultramount 3900 installed
    8ft Hiniker Quick Hitch 3300 installed
    I am waiting on a couple others that I need to check on. Personally I would like the Western because I know it has been around for awhile, there is a good local distributor near home and I havn't read many complaints about them. I also havnt heard many complaints about the Hiniker plows either. I know that some had troubles in the beginning but what plow doesn't. I would like your opioins please.

William

2. NEHawaiian

NEHawaiian Member
    from CT

William, personally I would go with wither a Western or a Fisher Plow first then a Boss. I would stay away with Hiniker because of qty of dealers. I think the western pro plus would be a better alternative for you if you are looking for a really decent plow. The shop that I buy all my stuff from is a Fisher, Western, and Boss dealer. Hands down they say anything from Fisher and Western (same company) you will get your monies worth.

3. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

Oh boy let the battles begin ! :rolleyes:
    Todd

4. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

The reason I am pricing those two is because those are the two most common in my area. Fisher is a rare breed in my parts and once in a blue moon is there a Boss.Like I said, I'm still deciding if I am able to afford this or not.

William

5. NEHawaiian

NEHawaiian Member
    from CT

Like I said earlier a Fisher or a Western would be suitable for you. In this case Western. If there were no fisher/western dealers out there I would consider boss and blizzard plows. I also think that you should think about break downs per say. Is your dealer close with in 35 miles or is he 100 miles. Something to ponder about. I almost bought an ultra mount this month I bought a fisher instead just because my dealer can give me a better price on a fisher than he could on a western. $3900 for an Ultra-mount is about right if it is installed. FYI it is about a six hour installation. I would also think about getting the flex mount for the controller or getting the so called fish stick.