1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Prices real low from construction companies

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by cmo18, Jul 9, 2009.

1. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

I'm just wondering if any of you guys are running into problem of construction companies low balling accounts just to keep their equipment busy. Where I am, tractor rates are 65$ an hour and a truck rate is 50$ hour. Half hour away truck rates are 35$ an hour and 50$ an hour for a tractor. With these prices I don't know how people can manage to survive and some day people are going to be plowing for free...

Also what do you guys charge an hour for a sidewalk worker and snow blower?
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Around here some of the bigger construction companies want nothing to due with snow.
  3. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

Here it is same as Grandview said. Some still do, but alot have gotten out of snow. I don't know if it liability, staff/owner burn out, or not needing the money. I know the pricing is much lower here than it once was here so that may also be a factor.
  4. larold83

larold83 Senior Member

my buddy dosn't touch snow for any less than 50 and he dose all comercial no residential
  5. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

I"m not getting out of bed for $50/hour with equipment.