1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Prices on X or HD Blade

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by neucaptain, Aug 5, 2007.

1. neucaptain

neucaptain Junior Member
    from NH

Hi guys,

Anyone have any idea what the pricing might be for a 8' Fisher X or HD blade installed? I am in southern NH so I'm curious what the going rate is for the NH/MA area.

I haven't bought a truck yet, but am eyeing a 2000-2004 Ford F250 or Chevy 2500HD.

2. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

You're looking at about $3600 installed for the 8' HD at EW Sleeper (the least expensive I found in this area) in Concord. Not sure on the X. Mine was installed 2 years ago

You can find a bunch of guys on here that sell LIKE-new fishers that are completely redone & rebuilt.
  3. neucaptain

neucaptain Junior Member
    from NH

thanks, i wouldn't be opposed to buying used... just trying to get an idea of the cost if i went with new. for some reason i think i would prefer a MM1 opposed to an MM2. appreciate the feedback.
  4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Talk to either bdavis or nascar24 bdavis sells very close to new plows for great prices and nascar does an AMAZING job at rebuilding the MM1's

btw, where in NH are you?
  5. neucaptain

neucaptain Junior Member
    from NH

thanks! i'm in salem, nh
  6. Fergy42286

Fergy42286 Member

Try Lang's corner garage in Rye, NH. That is where I bought my X-blade. I am actually going back next week to have the blade switched to my new 550.
  7. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

I second the comments about using Rick at EW sleeper if you have to buy new. The X blade is more money so but just call them and ask for Rick he the best guy to deal with. The price of steel is going up all the time. So a price from 2 years ago is useless IMO. They did a excellent job on the install and had the best price around.

Bdavis will save you a ton and I have heard good things about Brian.
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2007
  8. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I second what everyone else has said. Going through bdavis (Brian) or nascar24 is the way to go to get a slighlty used or a refurbished plow (that might as well be new because they are in great shape!). If you have to have a brand new one EW Sleeper is great.
  9. neucaptain

neucaptain Junior Member
    from NH

thanks for all the advice guys! after reading what most of you have said, i will certainly look a little harder at the used plow market, but i appreciate the tips for the dealers!
  10. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I paid around 4600-4800 or just over 5k for my Extreme V SS last year installed. Sorry I cant remember exactly.
  11. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

Neu, Ill let you know what I come up with this week. I am going to buy another SS XBlade, and since its not an install job, and I just need the off the truck, my plow guy told me to go to NH and save some sales tax. Ill be visiting your state soon. I am hoping to be around $3500 but I think the X Blade will come in closer to $4000