1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Prices for this season

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Ipushsnow, May 15, 2009.

1. Ipushsnow

Ipushsnow Senior Member

Anyone getting prices yet? I am dying to see what they are going to be and haven't heard a peep yet.
  2. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

Are you talking about this stuff? :confused:

FISHERBOY Senior Member

to late i bought that pile lol
  4. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

got something in the mail from reinders the other day, no prices, but they said to order early
  5. bike5200

bike5200 Senior Member
    from Ky

Prices for bag Morton salt 50lb
    $3.25 pick up Cincinnati

$3.85 delivered Louisville, KY

Delivered in July pay in December

this any good????????
    Last edited: May 22, 2009
  6. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

I have enough on hand to make a big dent this winter
  7. 98Chevy2500

98Chevy2500 Senior Member

Bulk just dropped $7 ton to $78.35 per ton. I'll take a hundred.
  8. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

where is this at in KY???
  9. fortydegnorth

fortydegnorth Senior Member

If we pre-buy in June we are at $87 or $92 later this fall per ton for bulk.
  10. fortydegnorth

fortydegnorth Senior Member

Our supplier is With a Grain of Salt. I would like prices if you can get it trucked down here. There are several of us that could go together for a group buy. I personally only use 60 tons or so a season but with a couple others we could possibly do a couple hundred tons. For the last 2 years they have not been able to keep up the supply and we have bought from some other local suppliers like CWS or Evans. Shipping would be to Beavercreek Ohio zip 45385. We are right off of 675 in Beavercreek and we can accept a semi if its a good driver. We get walking floor semi loads of mulch and they don't have much of a problem delivering to us.
  11. tinffx

tinffx Member

Where would one acquire bulk salt in the Northern VA / DC area? That stuff is way expensive at the Home Depot.
  12. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

liking what i've heard from our main supplier so far xysport
  13. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

Are prices dropping over there???
  14. Ipushsnow

Ipushsnow Senior Member

Just spoke with Morton, they said they will have official prices next week, but "unofficially" she told me $68.50 per ton. That is in the Milwaukee area.
  15. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

That is about the same as what I am hearing.
  16. salopez

salopez Senior Member

84.50 from international salt in md.
  17. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

One thing for sure

Work with more than one supplier. We all have the guy we like to buy from and buy the most from, but always have someone on second base.

Our price in Louisville was $3.75 50lb bag delivered now! Price will be up to possibly $4.00 or so on later orders. However, it's tough to make room for another 50 tons or so inside right now.

Good luck to everyone this year. Buy more than you need, you can always sell it!
  18. rblake

rblake Senior Member
    from dayton

Recieved two qoutes from Central Salt & North American. Both are right around $78 per ton.
  19. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

That's a pretty good price! I talked to Reinder's the other day. They said they didn't know.
  20. kimber

kimber Senior Member
    from Ohio

Just curious...are those prices an early buy or firm throughout the year? I've heard similar prices here in N.E. Ohio, but those are quantity buys and good now, but not necessarily firm for the season. Thanks.