1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Prices down...

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by bowtie_guy, Oct 26, 2007.

1. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

Was just in at my local boss dealer and saw the current pre season price list. Wow. Things have really dropped. Imagine still more than you US guys but alot cheaper than last year.

8'2" poly V with smart locks, smart hitch 2 is listed @ $7055.

8' Super duty $5540

I bought my plow 1 year too soon. lol.

2. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

How much more is a 9ft V? I talked to my dealer and he said the prices have come down. I think I payed around $7000 for a 8ft steel V with no smartlocks back in 1998.

3. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

How much is that American? I see 7k for a 8'2'' poly vee and I am like:eek:

4. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Well $1 American = $1.03 Canadian. Are $ is worth more then yours now and we still pay more then you. Add on 8% Provincial sales tax and 6% GST to those prices too. If you are a buisness you can claim the GST back though. It costs alot of money to live in Canada Eh, but it's worth it.tymusic tymusic tymusic BTW my new truck was also like 12K more too.

5. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

9'2" poly V. $7,350.

6. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

Yup still alot more than you US residents. I guess they can claim the shipping causes that. I was surprised though prices went down at all.

Dave, your truck is sweet man!!

On another note, BRP has told their US dealers not to sell to canadian residents. They raise their prices to stop people from going down there to buy.

7. karol

karol Senior Member

boss

JD you forgot to mention OHIP. tymusic

8. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Your right, I'm proud to say I'm Canadian.:drinkup: tymusic

9. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Are these installed prices? Thanks for the nice comments about the truck, I love your stacks but the wife said she won't ride in my truck if I put them on. LOL Women, they just don't understand.