1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

priceing on factory,

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by tnyblgn3, Dec 23, 2009.

1. tnyblgn3

tnyblgn3 Junior Member

have this factory that I'm charging 80 per hour and so far its taken me about 2.5 hours with maneuvering between trucks and cleaning truck docks as well as snow blowing store front. so average plow of 1-3 inches 2.5 hours. However I have the customer complaining that its costing to much, it shouldn't take 2.5hours (after explaining my pricing) ect. so I need some advice if I am charging to much, and if it is taking to long how should i go about plowing it a better way? Thanks

factory.png

Last edited: Dec 23, 2009
  2. fairrpe86

fairrpe86 Senior Member

Where does the snow have to be put and are all of those trucks typically on site when you are plowing?

3. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Did he sign a contract with those hourly rates and terms. If he did just tell him that is how long it takes to do the job correctly. You don't need to justify your pricing to any client. You give them a price to do the work and if they accept that price, they sign the contract and you fulfill your end of the agreement by doing the work in the most professional and efficient means possible. Plus he is getting all that done and the sidewalks for around $200. That is a great deal for him being in the Chicago area IMO. Good Luck on this one.

4. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

You could tell him you can save some time and him some money if he fired the ****** that parks the trucks.

5. snocrete

snocrete Banned

I agree 100%...stand your ground....your giving them a good/fair deal

hehe :D

6. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

dont work for less than 80 an hour....and give hime a per push price of like 300.... then see what he says

7. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Tell if he wants hours cut ,no sidewalks.

8. augerandblade

augerandblade PlowSite.com Addict

The customer before he complained should of got up early and watched your firm plow off the site. He could then see for himself that the scope of work was done and the machines where moving at a safe productive speed. Perhaps then he wouldnt of even complained. Half the problem is they dont really know, what is involved in removing the snow .

9. tnyblgn3

tnyblgn3 Junior Member

Yes

Yeah those trucks are not in the front part but are on that side/back part. I tried to speed it up today got it done in about 2 hours but it looks like crap. I don't know what I'm going to do with this guy. First plow guy I guess stop plowing him and he called me and it was a spur moment verbal contract type deal, I am going to present him with a contract with my terms and condition after xmas though. Thanks for your help guys Merry Christmas !

10. tnyblgn3

tnyblgn3 Junior Member

Is best way to clean truck docks is to first back drag then back up and front push?

He said its ok to stack snow in corners and if i have to on along the grass sides.

Then for the long middle parts i turn plow to left and sweep everything to left and stack in corner, Make sense?

11. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

thats a resonable price what you are charrging him, all thoes trucks in the way and sideways i would be charging 250 a push with all thoughs trucks in the lot and then clean up fees for when the trucks get moved!

12. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

yeah, there is nothing wrong with that price at all !!! with all those trucks, it is a major PITA, and high liability, if he can get it done cheaper then let him at it!!!, i do a fair amount of these factory types, and i tell you what, it well only take one time with a trucker getting stuck for a couple of hours for him to realize the good service is worth it. Personally i think he is full of sh!t, if $200-$250 is too much for him then he needs to shut his factory down.