1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Priced too High?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by NBI Lawn, Sep 14, 2009.

1. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

I looked at this truck and sent a message to him asking if the reserve was really $22,000. I pulled the dick move and told him that was way too much and he said to try finding another one... Am I wrong at thinking it is WAY too much money?

Rubber floors, plastic seat, crank windows.... probably the cleanest first gen I have seen but really.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodg...em7QQcategoryZ6197QQihZ006QQitemZ160361836964

2. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Yep, he's absolutely insane. I can buy that truck at the Minneapolis Auto Auction for under $5k. Granted not many come through but whenever they do they go cheap.

3. Dodge Plow Pwr

Dodge Plow Pwr Senior Member

4. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

I am sure in his head he thinks its worth it.........which is why he will probably never sell it.

5. NBI Lawn

His wife probably told him to sell it so this is his "attempt" to sell :nod:

6. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

7. M1N1TRK

M1N1TRK Member

I guess he is looking to get what he paid for it back 17 years ago?????? I will say this it is a very clean looking truck but they other thing i would be affriad of is that motor hasn't even been used. I would be more affriad of something going wrong with the motor.

He will never get that truck sold for that price

8. NBI Lawn

Hmm, do you ever check them out? What kind of mileage do they have?

9. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Over 100k

I got into one to check it out and I noticed that it was locked into four wheel drive. I pushed the lever forward to unlock it and the rubber piece that covered the hole in the floor board suddenly looked brand new. The truck was in four wheel drive so long that dust had been kept off of the rubber when it was in the 2wd position :dizzy:

10. jadyejr

jadyejr Senior Member
    from NC

wow, that guy is crazy insane..... ive owned car lots and been to auctions, yeah 5k is plenty for that truck. I'm kinda young and i know this may sound dumb, but what in the world is the "dodge discount" on the sticker? that looks weird.....

11. NBI Lawn

Wow, seems normal

12. Niteman9

Niteman9 Senior Member

Ya I think he has been smoking something. No way 22k but it worth more than 5-6k. I would say it would go for 8-9k if he listed with out reserve. I would pay 5k for that in a minute.

13. NBI Lawn

No doubt, I would pay $5000 easy for that without blinking an eye. I did find a fully loaded 93 in seatle with 62,000 miles in what I would consider perfect shape for $9000