1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Priced to High

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by treeman06, Jan 31, 2014.

1. treeman06

treeman06 Senior Member

Looking at a 2001 F250 xlt ext cab, 7.3l mint condition, only 35,000 miles, guy wants $26,000.00 , I think he asking a tad much, just looking for some input on what you guys think.
  2. MR. Elite

MR. Elite Senior Member
    from E Town

Although the 7.3's really hold there value well… Thats seems a bit on the STEEP side, even with only 35K on the dash…. Has he done some major mods 2 this truck.. or something to value it at $26K…??
  3. skorum03

skorum03 2000 Club Member

I would say thats a bit high.... consider that you can probably find something with only a 110k (still low miles) for like 14k or so.....

I would probably try to get it for like 18k.. 19k... 20k? Those are some seriously low miles. If it was just some old guy that just used it to run to the grocery store and post office that is the previous owner then I'm sure it would be a great buy. But thats still a lot of money. Think, that truck is 13 years old already....
  4. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

Crack smoker. It's an XLT and not even a crew cab. 35k May as we'll be 135k, wouldn't make a difference. It's a 13yr old truck. Your problems aren't going to come from mileage they're going to come from age. For $26k you can get some damn nice used trucks with way more amenities than what that truck has. I have had several 7.3s and while I appreciate their following, they can't compare to modern diesels. Emissions suck sure, but the 7.3 had its fair share of problems too but with a lot less torque and hp also. If you have $26k to spend on a mostly cash sale (cause the bank isn't going to loan you near that amount for that truck) look at what you can get 2011 and newer. You might be surprised what you can step into a new 6.7 for and it will run circles around a 7.3.
  5. Jimmy_B

Jimmy_B Junior Member

For that price you could get a regular cab F350 in the '11 or '12 variety with the 6.2 gasser. That new gasser is about equal in power to that old 7.3.
  6. treeman06

treeman06 Senior Member

Thanks for the replies, that's what I was thinking, I think sometimes these guys with these 7.3's think they are sitting on a pile of gold. I probably going to offer him around $15,000 and if he doesn't take it he can pound sand.
  7. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

Buy something newer.

That truck is too old and it's obviously been sitting.

I guarantee he won't take 15. Some people are just stupid
  8. 32vld

32vld Senior Member
    from LI, NY

Good advice, if you do not mind being Found On the Road Dead.

Truck will have issues because it is 13 years old.
  9. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

Post the link. I'm curious. It's way over priced but that's just me.
  10. treeman06

treeman06 Senior Member

Requested Vehicle Information for 2001 Ford F-250 SuperCab Supercab 142 XLT 4WD

7.3L V8, Diesel, SuperCab, 31k miles, Dark Highland Green Clearcoat Metallic, stock # B7585, pre-owned...
    More Details
    Price $26,691

7.3L, XLT PACKAGE, EXTENDED CAB, SHORT BOX, 4X4, AUTOMATIC, TAN CLOTH SEATS, NON POWER SEATS, 40/20/40 SPLIT BENCH SEATING, ACCESS TONNEAU COVER, FIFTH WHEEL BEDRAILS, AFTERMARKET ELECTRIC BRAKE CONTROLLER, FACTORY RUNNING BOARDS, 3.73 GEAR RATIO WITH OPEN DIFFERENTIAL, TOWING PACKAGE WITH RECEIVER HITCH, TRANSMISSION COOLER, & WIRING, BFGOODRICH ALL-TERRAIN T/A LT285/75 R16 TIRES, FACTORY ALLOY RIMS, KEYLESS ENTRY, TELESCOPIC POWER TOW MIRRORS, CD PLAYER, TAPE PLAYER, SLIDING REAR WINDOW, MULTI-FUNCTIONAL STEERING WHEEL, FACTORY FLOORMATS, LOCKING TAILGATE, FOG LIGHTS, AIR, CRUISE CONTROL, TILT, POWER LOCKS, POWER WINDOWS, THIS TRUCK IS ELIGIBLE FOR A 100,000 MILE PARTS AND SERVICE AGREEMENT! THIS IS ONE OF OUR CLEANEST 2001 FORD F-250 EXTENDEDCAB SHORTBOX XLT CLOTH CD PLAYER 7.3 LITER FOUR WHEEL DRIVE TRUCKS WE HAVE ON OUR LOT! MAKE YOUR MOVE ON THIS NICE 4WD TODAY! CALL NOW!!!!!! 1-888-LENZ-TRUCK. VIEW OUR COMPLETE INVENTORY OF AROUND 500 VEHICLES AT www.LENZAUTO.com. ***If you are looking for financing Lenz Truck Center can help! We have on the spot financing! Bad Credit or Good we will work with our 17 banks to get you approved and for a great rate! If you live far away or close to us we make it our promise to make sure you are a happy customer before, during, and after the sale! Lenz Truck Center has been in business and family owned for 25 years! With a new generation taking over we plan on making this the place you and your children buy their next vehicle! Lenz Truck Center is the country's fastest growing dealership! Lenz Truck Center has grown from about a 40 vehicle inventory in 1999 to over 400 today! Our selection is unmatched in the industry with more high quality used trucks than anyone in the Midwest. All here in Fond du Lac, WI! All of our vehicles are Lenz Certified and ready to be delivered! DISCLAIMER: Dealer Shall in no way be held liable for any errors or omissions to be found on these web pages. All prices are plus any applicable state taxes a
    Vehicle Photos

??? 4 Doors

??? Four-wheel drive

??? 4WD Type - Part-time

??? 4-wheel ABS brakes

??? Passenger Airbag - Cancellable

??? Rear bench seats

??? Intermittent window wipers

??? Pickup Bed Type - Regular

??? Tachometer

??? Clock - In-radio

??? Power steering

You can get an instant trade in offer from Lenz Truck in less then one minute by clicking the box below:
  11. Jimmy_B

Jimmy_B Junior Member

Good post, if you're in Junior High and don't realize you're in the Ford section. :dizzy:
  12. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

Oh its a dealer, good joke on his part. He better be providing 100k mile bumper to bumper warranty with it too.
  13. leesplumbing2

leesplumbing2 Junior Member

New to the business, i have one Truck with plow, i wanted to know how much do you charge for comercial plowing, by the hour or flat out and how much
  14. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

What? Are u serious lee
  15. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

150 per hour per truck
  16. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

Two men, one day, thousand bucks
  17. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

I'm not really surprised it's Lenz that has it listed with that ridiculous price, they do that all the time. I can promise they won't take $15K, I'm sure they paid more than that for it, and they're not afraid to let vehicles sit on their lot for years. I bought one truck from them, and I can tell you I'd never make that mistake again............
  18. treeman06

treeman06 Senior Member

I am starting to get that feeling, salesman was really an ass, didn't even want to dicker on the price, acting like I was trying to buy a brand new truck.
  19. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

Go to the bbb and read some of the reviews. the arrogance from the 2 bros is astonishing, which is what I ran into when I bought from them.

Complaint dot com is another good one.
  20. MR. Elite

MR. Elite Senior Member
    from E Town

well there Ur prob!!! Its at Lenz…. They not bad at all, jus always high on there numbers… way high!!
    I purchased a few trucks from Lenz about 10-12 years ago, and seems as tho ever since then, they always b on the high side???