1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Priced a new HD

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by jvm81, Dec 13, 2007.

1. jvm81

jvm81 Senior Member
    from Midwest

Hey guys. Wondering if it is me or just the dealer. I am going to trade my 06 HD crew can LT off and priced one the 30th of Nov for a new GMC HD crew and dealer told me $1500 rebate. Well, after two weeks of snow, ice etc I was able to get back in today to talk to him.

He tells me now the rebate is $1000 which I think he should of informed me about and now tells me he can't get a truck that I like unless I order which is out 4-6 weeks?

What gives with these guys? I am looking at the Gray metelic color with ebony inter. All they find on locate is diesels with cloth or 4 door and long box. Didn't know there was such an issue getting a truck.

Just needed to vent a bit I guess.

2. Novadiecast

Novadiecast Senior Member

Go to the Chevy or GMC websites and locate one yourself. You can view every window sticker that is out there. The website will also tell you what the current rebates are in your area. Do some homework it will payoff in the long run. Don't trust what he is telling you. Verify it first. It has worked for me several times. An educated consumer is their worst nightmare and don't be afraid to walk away.

3. hammerstein

hammerstein Senior Member

Rebates and incentives change on a weekly basis, and the dealer does not know what they are until they come out, so don't blame the salesman. When I got my new body style 07 2500HD 4 months ago there were 4 trucks within a 500 mile radius that were white, extended cab, & had plow prep. Was also pissed that I could not get leather and the plow prep, what gives with that?

4. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

There are half a dozen LT2 and LTZs on my chevy dealers lot that are crew/shorts. 2 black ones that I know of. Graystone metallic? We had one of those but I think it was tan interior. I was just there a couple of days ago lookin around.

5. jvm81

jvm81 Senior Member
    from Midwest

Call a bigger dealer about an hour away this morning and he is checking. Gray Stone Met. is the color I am after. He told me he would be back in touch by noon so I'll see what happens.

I found a few this morning but they all have the smaller mirrors on them, sunroof, DVD players etc. I don't need that stuff but I do like the camper mirrors. Funny though how a 3/4 would come with the smaller mirrors when the bigger ones are there.

6. nisntruckin1365

nisntruckin1365 Junior Member

www.gmbuypower.com i locoated my truck on there and had it in 2 days exactly what i wanted down to color/interior

7. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Just curious, aren't you going to take a beating on your 06? How many K are on it? My new body style is nice but I still like driving my 02 around most of the time. BTW those new camper mirror are huge, I think if I took them off I'd pick up a MPG.