1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

price

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by ezover, Dec 22, 2008.

1. ezover

ezover Junior Member

great site you have here.
    I have a 06 ram 1500 4x4 that I wanted to put a plow on for home use.
    (300 feet of driveway is getting old with a snowblower)
    looks like the ones talked about the most are the
    sno-way, homesteader, and suburanite .

what I would like to know is what pricing should i except?
    been to a lot of web sites and noone wants to post a price.

I live by Flint MI.

p.s. make that a installed price, being that my fricking workshop is buried in snow. :realmad: :realmad::realmad:

2. E.D.

E.D. Junior Member

You want to buy a brand new plow or a used one?

3. ezover

ezover Junior Member

was looking for new price.

seems the going rate around here is 3600 to 4100 for the western, meyers, and
    fisher.

i,ll never complain about some one trying to earn a honest living, but it sure seems to me thats one hell of a mark up on these things.
    maybe in the spring the prices will come down. in the mean time i think i,ll look for a old
    8n tractor or something.

4. E.D.

E.D. Junior Member

Since all you plan on doing is your driveway i would suggest buying a used one, should save you some money, and if you find a nice used one it should last a very long time. As far as pricing on them goes, yea it should go down after the season is over, you could propably find a good deal on a used one after the season as well.

5. matts27

matts27 Senior Member
    from CT

Seems as your prices are right on for new. If you can wait look into ebay or craigslist. If you need it installed ask your local dealer... Fisher/Western, Sno-Way, etc. if they'll install one you locate and bring to 'em, I'm sure they'd work a deal locating the electrics and mounts plus the install. Everyone needs work, but the best deals are used, but quick and easy costs more. Good luck