1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Price???

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mowerbrad, Jan 14, 2008.

1. mowerbrad

mowerbrad Junior Member

I have narrowed my choices for my new plow, it will be a a 7'6'' or 8' Boss straight blade standard duty or super duty. Price is a big factor for me as I am on a strict budget and have to save for college in 2 years. I would only be plowing residentials ranging from 50' to 300'+. Any pricing info would be great. BTW i probably will be getting the plow between July and October of 2008. Thanks for the help!!

2. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

you might check out the used forum as i and several others have some plows on there.

if price is an issue and you have to have a new one check out meyer they are a quality plow and pretty durable and simple

3. DUMZ

DUMZ Senior Member

I would guess that the 7.5 is less money. Take the money you saved and buy a set of wings for it. It would be more efficient then the strait 8'.

4. musclecarboy

musclecarboy 2000 Club Member

Get a USED 8' Heavy-Duty. You'll save money and be working with much superior equipment.

5. tman3007

tman3007 Senior Member

He makes a great point, the 7.5' with the wings would definitley be more efficient in my opinion too!! And this is based solely on the fact that you do have a tight budget, obviously an 8' with wings would be even better:D

Good luck