1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

price

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by John O., Feb 16, 2006.

1. John O.

John O. Member

my friend wants to sell me his western uni mout plow its a 7.6 foot and it is the hard place blade its probly about 5 years old what is a far price to give him.

2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

What are you going to put it on?

3. John O.

John O. Member

and F 250 heavy duty 1997

4. SnoFarmer

from N,E. MN

It will work if the price is rite, with a set of wings. You should get an 8+ft or longer plow for your full size truck. Personal preference..
    The narrow plow does not clear a wide enough path if the blade is angeled and you have to turn at all.

5. dj&sonplowing

dj&sonplowing Member

i plowed for 15 yrs with a 7.5 footer, just takes ya little longer is all, depends on what kinda shape its in? i dont know what you mean a " hard place blade"? but site un seen,, id say 1500 to 1800? always start low:cool:

6. John O.

John O. Member

the blade is not a metal blade the cutting edge is metal but the plow itself is a platic plow its a western uni mount i think he said it was a pro poly? keep in mind it has no mounts to it any other ideas on what i should offer him

7. SnoFarmer

from N,E. MN

Find your self at least 8ft plow, forget that 7.5... I don't care if you have plowed 1sec or 100yrs. There are a lot of good plows for sale cheep this year. You can get a 8.2 Boss RTII V plow for around 2k to 3k used. I just saw a couple for sale in the Auto shopper for that price and they looked good..

Last edited: Feb 17, 2006
  8. John O.

John O. Member

I'm am looking into different plows, but regardless of what people think would be the best plow for me what do you think the plow i described is worth?

9. SnoFarmer

from N,E. MN

With out a pic??? I could only guess?? Does it work, leak, need any new parts? what ever the market will bare.. whatever your willing to pay..

10. John O.

John O. Member

It works it was hooked up and went up down right left no problem lights work on it too nothing leaks and needs no parts as far as i can see i will work on trying to get some pics posted