1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Price too high on Western ?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Big Nate's Plowing, Jan 28, 2001.

1. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

i have a 8'western unimount moldboard and a-frame i want to sell,but i thinking that my price is too high, i have it in the local paper for $250.00, i have had a dozen people come out and look at it and i havent had one call back. i was just wondering if i was too high,

Thanx Nate

2. Rooster

Rooster Member
    from Kansas

Doesn't sound too high to me. You own it, sell it for the amount you want to get out of it.

Someone will buy it sooner or later, just be patient (sp).

3. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

My first guess is that you mean 2500.00 not 250.00, and second, sounds like you are only selling the plow side of the system. That means that the sub frame, wiring harness, and controller are not for sale for that money. If that is the case you are way high. All that stuff will add 500-600 to the cost of installation of the plow to the buyer.
    With out the truck side equipment, your price should be about 1500.00 max, if you are selling the all pieces needed for a complete installation, then no more 2000.00-2200.00 for the complete system. Remember that plow new can be had for about 3200.00 with a 2 yr warranty.
    Dino

4. Big Nate's Plowing

Two hundred and fifty dollars

no, I mean $250.00 for the blade and a-frame only. for like a backup blade.

5. plowking35

from SE CT

Ok heres the other issue then, if its for a unimount system, wheres the rest of it. The a frame is to short to use on a conventional mount system. So unless someone really wants an extra plow, it won do anyone much good.
    With all that being said, I do think its a fair price.
    Dino

6. Big Nate's Plowing

pretty sure its a uni-mount

i compared the plow and a-frame to a diagram on angelos web site and it looked just like the uni-mount diagram, i think its a fair price

7. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

If I were closer Id buy it.I have a 7 1/2 and the blade looks terrible,and i want an 8 footer anyway,Id keep mine for backup.

8. CMerLand

CMerLand Senior Member

Plowkid,

Hang onto that plowblade as I for one dont think its too high a price. Hell I'm holding out to get a 100 bucks more then you for my Meyers 7.5 footer. Lots of people out there are always looking for something for nothing when they go shopping for used equipment, like your supposed to give to them for taking it off your hands. When someone breaks a plow or has theirs stolen then find out buying a new blade only costs upwards of $2,000 then they will find out the value of having a backup blade. Unless you really need to unload it just keep the postings out there with your local supplier or on lawnsite here and a buyer in need will eventually beat a path to your door. Hell a new sector or a-frame alone costs more then you're offering to sell the whole plow. Just my biased opinion.

CMerLand

9. Skookum

Skookum Member

Plowkid,

I am interested in that blade! Can you measure the distance between the a frame pin holes where it hooks up to the truck receiver and e-mail me or post here? I have a coventional mount setup on two trucks. I could use a 8 foot blade, my other is a 7.5 pro.

Thanks

10. DIG'EM

DIG'EM Junior Member

I have a f 450 dump truck . It has a frame and plug and controller .All I need is a blade and frame .tell me what I need to look at to see what my is. I was offered a snow removal job in a small community about 4.8 miles. I need a blade a skid loader won't do it all.If it would work I would be interrested.

11. plowking35

from SE CT

Scott, the a frame on the unimount will be to short. The conventionial mount a frame is alot longer. The good news is that you should be able to swap the a frame from the 7.5 to the 8'.
    Dig em, you will need the plow side upper frame kit,light kit ,and pump. Not to mention that the 8' will be rather short for a 450.
    Dino

12. Big Nate's Plowing

MY ERROR ITS A PRO-PLOW

Hey Guys,
    Im not a western guy....lol

Sorry about the delay, i went to wisconsin for court crap

From pin to pin its just about 21 1/2"and from tip of a-frame to mounting dogs is 38", the blade is 30" high,I have sandblasted it and primed and painted the moldboard. I deducted $100 from the price for missing angle cylenders but it comes with a new cuttin edge and springs, no its not a u-edge either.
    Thanks Nate

13. Big Nate's Plowing

CMerLand

I cant put a 8' western on a dakota, its too heavy:mad:, i am pushing it with the 7.5 snoway:D.
    I am thinking about puttin it on e-bay, but then you have ship or nobody will bid on it.:(