1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Price too good, stolen?

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by JustJeff, Nov 7, 2009.

1. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Aski him if he has the invoice on the plow. Also meyers really don't hold there value like a boss or fisher say.

3. Banger

Banger Member

Its just the plowside and like ^ above said they dont hold their value to well. Listing says what you see in the picture so you get a pallet jack too lol.

4. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

Hold their value well or not, 850.00 plus another 1,200 or so for the truckside parts and you've got a plow that looks to be damned near brand new for just over 2 G's just doesn't seem right to me.

5. fireboy6413

fireboy6413 Senior Member

OR maybe he restored it to factory new.

6. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

unless theres shady business its a great deal

7. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

I bought a used 8.5C poly last year. Truckside and plowside last year for $1600. The plow was in great shape and the pump was just serviced. I sold an older 7.5 meyer poly plow I had laying around last year for $750. No pump or bracket. So that looks to be an olcer reconditoned meyer plow for $850 seems legit to me.

8. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

I am not real up on the Meyer plows but it doesnt seem like you are getting much... An A frame and the blade is all that is for auction. Why should that be worth anything more? No pump, wire harness, mount, lights etc. That is bound to be a skid steer plow

9. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

If you are considering buying it make sure you price all the parts you need. You need all the wiring, controller, push plates, light tower, lights and pump and motor. By the time you buy all of that it might not be worth anything.

10. silvercity

silvercity Senior Member

I just bought a brand new C-9 complete from my local dealer with the night saber lights cash and carry $2500. There are tons of deals out there as well as I just picked up a 95 chevy diesel one owner 67k miles with a 8ft Diamond $4700

11. DODGE-BOY

DODGE-BOY Senior Member
    from OHIO

Now THAT is a deal I would have to see to believe. Something not right there. That plow, if complete is pushing 5K or more at any Meyer dealer. I know he paid more for it than that. If complete, I will buy 5 of them right now. Nascar 24 does really nice work on re-furbished Meyer plows and they are more than 2500.00. I have both dealer and retail Meyer price books and that is a STEAL!!!

12. Banger

Banger Member

^ +1000

2500 for a complete new setup is a smokin deal. Sounds like way below dealer cost even. I mean how much do dealers really mark them up? Dont think 40 - 50% are they? I know they make a few bucks on installs but even that at 400-500 for a new install isnt to high!

Eitherway... I too wold buy a few at 2500 just to flip them and make some cash.

13. ddlawncare

ddlawncare Junior Member

there is a dealer here selling off last years stock of meyers or diamond 7.5 to 9 for 2500.00 cash and carry,you install.there are a lot of great deals if you look around.

14. silvercity

silvercity Senior Member

I'll post some pics this week.And i'll post pics of another smokin deal just bought a 2yrd Tarco SS sander extended shoot and brand new chain $2400

15. AEI

AEI Member

......and thats the difference between Western & Meyer. One holds its value and the other doesnt as well. Not bashing Yellow just stating what I have seen over the last 20 years.

Dont know of any new complete Western Plow selling for 2500 out the door. Hell, used non refurb old UNI fetch 2500.00 all day.

I dont think that listing is stolen or anything more then a decent deal on a very well built and reliable plowside for the right buyer. Lots of deals if your in the right place at the right time. Wiring harness, Frame mounts and even the hardware is not cheap though. Dealers get top $$ for that stuff.

I needed a new Remote for my Western and Reginal Plow wanted 289.00 plus tax on both the remote and the joystick. I found a guy selling a few new in the box for 150. So I snagged 2 of them at that price. Best I could find on ebay was about 200 plus 10 in shipping. Maybe the remotes I bought fell off a truck or made its way in someone lunch box. I didnt ask nor did I care to. Need to know basis and I didnt need to know.

16. DODGE-BOY

DODGE-BOY Senior Member
    from OHIO

NO need to worry about resale value when they last forever. Still using blades I bought in 94. An ST-7.5, or a Drive Pro I can see sucking it up and letting go, but not a C-9. Thats a bunch of blade for 2500.00 whether you like Meyer or not. I always hear about these deals but no one ever hooks me up with them. I will BUY 5 of them tomorrow---where are they???