1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Price structure with different equipment used

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jvm81, Jan 16, 2007.

1. jvm81

jvm81 Senior Member
    from Midwest

I am in NW Iowa. There are more "farmers" who are getting into the snow biz cuz they say they can't make enough money just farming. Not to biss anyone here if there farmers but......

They use old plows, old and beat up trucks, every farmer has a tractor and loader so they all push now. These guys are charging more than us seasoned veterans are. Just price checking and seeing what everyone out there charges for skid, tractor/loader. pickup plow and or utitlity tractor with blower?

Local guys here range from $65 - $110 / hour based upon machine. Some are small little parking lots to the local hospital that has alot of cement to cover. Our residence are based upon X amount / time no matter what and increased with increase in snow fall. Say around $25 / drive.

Thanks for the info.

2. jvm81

jvm81 Senior Member
    from Midwest

No thoughts an this??

3. CAG80

CAG80 Member
    from ct

well as far as pricing goes we always average over 100 per hour plowing, salt/sanding and that includes us doing seasonals also.. i would have to say on all per push contracts we average over 200 per hour easy.. as far as farmers go in my area farming is not big any more and prices of land have sky rocketed.. IMO they have their farms as fronts.. a lot of the farmers have construction and landscaping business's and get all the tax benefits of the farm, mean while they r sitting 5 million dollars worth of property tax free just because they grow a few pumpkins in Oct.. I'm not going to knock them they got a good racket and i would prob do the same.. its not personal, its just business!!!