1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Price seem fair

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by DAZ982500, Apr 7, 2006.

1. DAZ982500

DAZ982500 Senior Member

I got a call from a NY STATE Residential home for ******** citizens.They wanted a bid for plowing only,no salt no shoveling.The lay out is this.Front of home one driveway, approx. 1.5-2 car lengths long ,1.5-2 wide building structure directly ahead.You must backdrag push to road then off to side.Maybe 5-10 minutes on this.To the right of the home a semicircular driveway raps around the back of the home to a 6 car lot.The dimensions are 6 cars wide 2-3 cars in length.Next to building there is a small driveway one in length one deep with a garage door.You must pull into this area backdrag then push to side.I figure this would take me 1/2 +/- some.This would be the furthest resd/lot form my service area,more gas money,but I do want to secure it.I know there shopping so I am looking at $60.00 per push or seasonal contract of 550.00.Avg snowfall here is 81".7-8 storms per year.I do"nt have huge overhead(insurance,gas ,repairs,truck).TO LOW,HIGH IN BALL PARK.Dave.
  2. Plowfast9957

Plowfast9957 Senior Member

That sounds about right but dont forget chances are you will have to wait a while for your money so price accordingly.
  3. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I would agree that the $60/push sounds fine but the $550 for the year is a little low. If you average 81"/ year and 7-8 pushes then you are pushing on average 10" of snow/snowfall. If this is the case then $60/push might also be low. What is you trigger? If you have to do the 2" snowfalls then you must be plowing more then 8 times.
    Whether they are shopping price or not there is always a # you can't go below. If you know there are a limited # of bidders this might allow you to be a little higher but to have many bidders does not matter to me.
  4. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

whenever you send out an invoice i would leave out the "********" in the title.
  5. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Jay Brown is right, that is just one of those words that stick out.