1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

PRICE REDUCED! 2000 Ford F250 7.3L Powerstroke 4x4 xcab/long bed

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by gotsnow?, Feb 11, 2009.

1. gotsnow?

gotsnow? Senior Member

Steal it from me.....
    I'm tired of looking at this truck just setting in my driveway and my first payment on my new Excursion is coming up and I'd rather just pay the loan off right way, soooooooo, it's time to get my ''00 Ford F-250 XLT sold.
    The truck is 4x4, AT, normal options for the XLT series (power locks,windows,mirrors, CD, CC, tilt wheel, lumbar on drivers side, sliding rear window, drop in bedliner, toolbox); 7.3L POWERSTROKE diesel, 3.73 gearing. 187,000 miles. Makes a great plow truck, but would also be good for over the road traveling, hauling or towing! This was only my first FULL season of plowing with this truck. I had the snowplow on it last season pretty much from Feb. on. So... This has not been a nine years of plow-seasons truck. Never had a 5th wheel, but does have tow pkg minus the brake controler, therefore I'm guessing none of the previous owners towed anything real heavy and the heaviest I ever pulled was my parents ski boat for about 15 miles. The previous owner was a contractor, so he pretty much just hauled tools and boards. The truck starts, runs and drives as it should. All four tires (285/75 16s),exhaust and both batteries were replaced within the last year. K&N drop in air filter and 4" free flowing exhaust are the only upgrades that have been done. However, I do average 14 mpg/city and 17 mpg/Hwy.

$8,000
    Or reasonable offer

PM me or call me anytime day/night, 260-316-6741. The truck and myself are located in the N.E. corner of Indiana just off I69, I80/90 and US 20.

Thanks, David - got snow?

F250 001.jpg

F250 001.jpg

Last edited: Feb 11, 2009
  2. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

WOW that is a good deal.................high miles but that is the life of the motor with a diesel. Good luck with the sale..............no plow with it?

3. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

it is a really good deal. and it is a nice clean looking truck too.

4. gotsnow?

gotsnow? Senior Member

It is a good deal, I should know.... I hate to get rid of it, but I do have other veh to pay for, plus it has been replaced with a newer, 'family', truck.
    Yes correct, no plow. However the holes are already drilled for a Western Unimount if the buyer has one....
    Thanks, David-

5. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

as much as you dont want to. you might need to revert to ebay.

6. gotsnow?

gotsnow? Senior Member

I know...... But with the money I'd spend with them just listing and selling it with their services I might as well give some on here a great deal!!

$7,800 anyone?

7. gotsnow?

gotsnow? Senior Member

Bump it up

8. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

I hate seeing this thread everyday still on here watching the price drop on that truck! That is an awesome deal that i can't believe no one has taken yet! Bump for a nice truck!

9. gotsnow?

gotsnow? Senior Member

I guess no one is in the market for a diesel at a very reasonable price.....

10. snowblowertruck

snowblowertruck Member

I'm sure that just about everyone would like to have a truck just like this one. I for one would love to have a truck just about like this one, except I want a single cab and a short box for a tighter turning radius. Other than that, this truck is exactly how I'd spec it. But times are pretty tight for me and I'm not spending any money that I absolutely don't have to.

11. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Single cab/Short box might be a tough find

12. gotsnow?

gotsnow? Senior Member

Yeah.... on a 3/4 ton diesel, I'll guess impossible. :)

13. snowblowertruck

snowblowertruck Member

Yeah. I agree. I believe that if you find a single cab, it automatically comes with a long box. If I could find a bronco with the power stroke (99-03era), I'd own it........price pending.

14. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

Do you listen to yourself...they NEVER MADE A DIESEL BRONCO!

15. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

Ebay costs $80.00 to sell a truck last time I checked...could be wrong though maybe it changed. That is a great price on that truck by the way if I needed another truck and it was red I would be interested for sure

16. snowblowertruck

snowblowertruck Member

I am FULLY aware they never made a diesel Bronco!! But if they had made one, it would be my ideal plowing rig.

17. gotsnow?

gotsnow? Senior Member

Plus, I can't remember which, 1 or 2% of the ending bid. Therefore, $80 + (2% of 7800) $156=$236. And on top of that, lets say the winning bidder decides he doesn't want it after all maybe the winning bidder's kid was just messing around and pressed bid, now I have those costs I have to fight to get reimbursed for, wait a week for eBay to have a little "resolution" between buyer and seller, and then I can list it again...... Plus I've been watching trucks similar to mine on eBay and they've only been going for around $6500 and I really need about a grand more then that. So............. I think I'll wait a few more weeks till I'm REALLY desperate to sell it before I turn to eBay. :)

18. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Are you also FULLY aware they stopped making Bronco's in 1996. So a 99-03 Powerstroke Bronco would be truely a rare find

19. snowblowertruck

snowblowertruck Member

You guys apparently have nothing better to do than bust someones balls!!! Yes, I am fully aware that the Bronco was no longer made after mid 90's, it was replaced with the Expedition that is the equivalent of the half ton, it has FOUR full doors and only comes with a GAS motor. Then came the Excursion, which is available with a diesel but also has four full doors and is the equivalent of a 3/4 ton or one ton. As far as the Bronco II, it was replaced with the explorer, and is equivalent to the Ranger, also only comes with a gas motor. But those vehicles don't exactly fit my IDEAL spec sheet. The reason I stated Bronco is because if it's SHORT wheel base (two door that is no longer available), and I came up with the 99-03 because I like the body style and during that era the diesel that was available was the 7.3 although the 6.0 was available for part of 03. Yes, I know that the closest that I'll ever get to my IDEAL plow rig is when I put pencil to paper. So again, I am fully aware of ALL of the flaws to MY ideal plow rig, I KNOW IT DOESN'T'T EXIST!!

20. gotsnow?

gotsnow? Senior Member

.......That beind said, Anyone want to buy my truck??? Taking ANY reasonable offers! PM me.