1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Price Quote

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by shaunnshelly, Feb 25, 2009.

1. shaunnshelly

shaunnshelly Senior Member

I need to know what I should pay a sub to plow this lot? Price has to be for plowing plus salt.. Plowing contract runs from Nov - April. There are 336 Parking Spots.

Plaza.jpg

2. augerandblade

augerandblade PlowSite.com Addict

Big Bucks Man.payup With a layout like that, its time consuming,:nod: up here your looking at about 40 thousandtymusic

3. shaunnshelly

What is your average snow fall there?? Down here it 63" annual.. and I think that is really high for here....

4. jefferson

jefferson Member

Average snowfall in northern ont is approx 250cm.
    Augerandblade is not far off at 40,even for your area that would be a really good deal.

5. augerandblade

110 inches although last year we got 174 inches. If its a contract itll depend on the company contracting it out . 110 is what Im contracted to quote on

6. augerandblade

Would half that price be in the ballpark????????????????

7. shaunnshelly

I'm not looking to make a killing on subbing it out... Just don't know if I can handle the contract as I am fully booked with large comm. lots as it is. Just didn't want to turn it down and regret it later in season. I have the equipment and the salt but the people to run the equipment are hard to find..

8. shaunnshelly

The above Plaza is easy... Try bidding this one as an all inclusive..Lawnmowing, Sweeping, Plowing on a 2yr contract... This contract I don't have and dont think I will get it. All the green has to be mowed and there is about 5 miles of side walk

Plaza 2.jpg

9. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

So your going to take the old plaza from the green tree landscape, huh. They do a crappy job anyway.:gunsfiring: We do the First Niagara near the traffic circle. You guys do a nice job on the Columbia Center Plaza in Greenport. Very Clean. Where is the plaza with the target and home depot?

10. shaunnshelly

Thanks for the pat on the back for the Greenport Plaza. Not sure if we are gonna have the plaza in Kinderhook... Just trying to cover our bases incase we do get the contract..

11. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

Well if your looking for a sub let us know, might be interested in it. If you want more info I know that they currently use a rented backhoe with a 10' pusher, A 4500 Chevy 2wd with 4 yard salter and plow and 2 Chevy 2500HDs with plows and no salter. I would say that the lot because of the size and complexity with the other small areas is around or north of $45000.00...Question is does this include the bank in the corner

Last edited: Feb 26, 2009