1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Price quote for wolf paws, wow!

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by wcb607a, Dec 14, 2010.

1. wcb607a

wcb607a Junior Member
    from NJ

My local dealer quoted me 2,550 for the wolf paws for my A300 skid steer. The normal rim with wolf paws were 1,550 which I can handle, but another grand for a bigger hole in the rim. That's just crazy. For guys that have the A300, what are you using for snow tires? I may try and get some retreaded tires with rims that kinda match a snow tire, what do you guys think? Or should I bite the bullet and get the wolf paws?
  2. dforbes

dforbes Senior Member

what is a wolf paw? first time I have heard of them.
  3. wcb607a

wcb607a Junior Member
    from NJ

snow tires for skid steers
  4. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

i'm not asking to be smart ...are you having issues with traction? i have 5 skids and almost never struggle to push a 9 and 10 foot box but maybe NJ storms are different
  5. joe2113

joe2113 Junior Member
    from Midwest

What kind of tires are you using? Do you ever have to push uphill?
  6. wcb607a

wcb607a Junior Member
    from NJ

It get icy at one of my condo sites in NJ. The site sits on a side of a mountain, higher elevation. My mud tires loose traction a lot and I loose a lot of time because of it.
  7. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

can you stud some of your tires with self tapping screws?
    i dont think any rubber tire will get traction on ice.
    do you pre salt if you know snow is coming?