1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

price private roads

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by RhinoL&L, Jan 1, 2007.

1. RhinoL&L

RhinoL&L Senior Member

hey, does anyone do private roads, and how do you go about pricing them, I am new to this ao any info helps! thanks shawn
  2. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

its widely known that with new 4x4 truck and 8' plow the average rate needed to make a profit and cover all repair and replacement cost is $120 per hour.

if you plow a road at 10 mph, it will take you 6 min to clear 1 mile so you need to charge $20. But it will probably take you one trip down and one back to clear both lanes, and later in the year or in heavy snows 3 trips to clear back the snow, so $60 is the minimum I would charge per mile of road. Notice I used the word Minimum.
  3. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

I plow private roads - gravel or hardpack and generally 12' wide. I base the rate of $125 per mile on straight with no hills or curves. Then add for those. Prorate for less than one mile. I used a 9' plow and would take one trip down and back. Sometimes it would need two trips to do a good job.
  4. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

This is where a "V" and a SideWing would really pay off.