1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Price per ton? Or Price per application...

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Snowpower, Jan 6, 2008.

1. Snowpower

Snowpower Senior Member

How are your salting applications on commercials set up.

Per application flat rate? Or a price per ton, vs how much you actually apply = client price.

2. Runner

Runner Senior Member

Per how much applied. There are times when we might have freezing rain conditions and a sheet of ice, and there are times when we are just salting at 28 degrees after a plowing. The amounts of material are never actually stated on the bill,...they are just charged accordingly.

3. Oasis

Oasis Senior Member

We have a few small commercial properties that are priced on a per application. I know they require less then a ton each and are charged $75 per application. Some times they receive a half ton and sometiems they receive 1.25 tons all depending on the weather.

My larger commercial clients are all based on a per ton price because they require anywhere between 1-5 tons each per application.

4. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Are you charging $75 plus salt? I am guessing not since you said you are charging per application.

5. Oasis

Oasis Senior Member

lol you kinda answered your own there i guess... ya its $75 with salt.... regardless of how much is required which at the most if it were really bad would be 1.25 tons. And if more then one application is required in one day then its $75/application.....

6. Snowpower

Snowpower Senior Member

Thanks guys. I figured it was a mix. Just like mine. I have one thats a flat rate and four that are priced according to use, and given a per ton applied price up front.

Personally I like the flat rate pricing.

7. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I'm hoping they take closer to .5 ton because I don't think I would want to spread salt for $75/ton.

8. GL&M

GL&M Senior Member
    from PA

That sounds purty cheap to me. What do you pay per ton for the salt?

9. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

I heard he pays $74.25 per ton
    LOL