1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Price per spot??????

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by kegz_lawn, Jul 26, 2009.

1. kegz_lawn

kegz_lawn Junior Member

Ok, we are looking to get some bigger commercial accounts this year... We have been told that most places with parking lots to price per spot...

So our church has about 145 parking spots.... So lets say $1 per spot, thats $145...

So what do you charge per spot?

2. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Carlito

Carlito Member

I'd be interested to know as well.

4. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

We don't charge per spot and never heard of this!

5. Carlito

Carlito Member

Mullis,
    What procedure do you go through when pricing a lot?
    (measure the property,look for obstacles, areas to pile snow etc)

Last edited: Jul 26, 2009
  6. rusty_keg_3

rusty_keg_3 Senior Member

Me too, we have been told this by a VERY VERY successful biz (family friends).. But we have never done this...

Me either, thats why i made the thread

Thats what we would usualy do, but "Me too, we have been told this by a VERY VERY successful biz (family friends).."

FYI, i am kegz_lawn, i just got my account re activated...

7. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Why don't you ask the very very successful biz (family friends)? Being friends and all they will give you the price per parking space answer! We do acreage on the larger properties it give you the total area to be plowed as parking spaces don't, you know: common roads, drive lanes, entry roads, etc...smaller ones you can do different ways too....parking spaces might work if your only plowing parking spaces!

8. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

Never heard of pricing by the parking space.

I have a 4 acre trucking yard that has parking spaces for about 30 employees, I wonder how that would work. :confused:

Bossman

9. rusty_keg_3

rusty_keg_3 Senior Member

Well, the guys dad dose all of the bidding, and handles the money... They just plow...

Well, thats diffrent, this method is for parking lots... Stuff like stores, churches, stuff like that...

10. murray83

murray83 Senior Member

Never bid this way myself but know others who have.Our City's public parking lots are bid this way 41 lots and 2041 parking spaces and the winning bid came in at $1.60 per space

That tender is bid by taking the size of the lots and finding how long it takes to plow it then the cost to you to plow it each storm then divide by the number of spaces.If they want salt I'd give that as a seperate bid

11. Bajak

Bajak Senior Member

Like doing square footage of the lot or street and dividing the "spot" or space.

12. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Maybe dad is smart like most business men and he doesn't bid by the parking place and he has his own secret??

13. Bajak

Bajak Senior Member

Click on the little white arrow in the little blue box in my sig. Read the whole thing. It may be dated and yet still relevant. No one can tell you what to price yourself at. I'm in Ontario and worked in many different locations in Ontario. The rates vary substantially from as little as 20 miles away. If you can't do the math per square footage/(or meter). and divide it for parking space or spot I believe you are in a world of trouble. Submit your bid or quote the way the customer request it. Don't deviate from your own successful method of bidding.

14. murray83

murray83 Senior Member

Also to add to what Bajak said don't leave anything on the table with the customer because if you get a hard winter say like last year your screwed

Do the math figure out what you need to make a profit and pay for everything and go from there

Good luck