1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Price per push help (pictures)

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by 02powerstroke, Nov 3, 2008.

1. 02powerstroke

02powerstroke PlowSite.com Addict

A friend of mine owns a restraunt and wants me to do the plowing of the parking lot.
    What would you charge per push judgeing by the pictures I dont want to screw him or my self by under or over charging. He wants it plowed at 3".

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 3, 2008
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I'd charge him 4 beers and soup for an appetizer a big steak and mashed potatoes and a after dinner drink. good price for both of you.

3. 02powerstroke

we did trade food last year lol I need cash this year

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

$40.00 per push?

5. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

Thats such a cake walk, its not even funny. That would be a mint score, if it is close by to you. Besides the free food perks, I would shoot him $25 per 3" of snowfall. Its a commercial account, he will probably want a nice, clean, neat job. There is always a 6" minimum price everytime you go out.
    6" = $50
    9" = $75
    12" = $100

6. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

That sounds way better than the money!

7. 02powerstroke

8. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

$40-$45. You know he's prob going to hook ya up with a bite to eat when you go there, or a beer or 4.
    Looks easy enough.

9. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

yea, $40 is a pretty good price

10. oldetownlandsca

oldetownlandsca Junior Member

yea if he is a good friend charge him like you would a long drive way. and if it needs sand and salt just chage him for material for that that way you both make out but your not killing him with a aprice.

11. Dodge Plow Pwr

Dodge Plow Pwr Senior Member

$45.00 - $55.00 plus salt if required.
    Also, since you are doing it cheap, and even though it's a friend, have him sign a hold harmless in case someone slips and falls. Just my opinion. Friends become enemies very quickly when there is money invloved.:realmad:

12. plowtime1

plowtime1 Senior Member

Minimum $50.00 plus extra to treat, regardless of how easy...your equipment has a cost associated to your price. JMO

13. SteveJ

SteveJ Senior Member

You guys are cheap.

I do see a mercedes or audi wagon parked in the gravel, more than likely the owner.
    I wouldn't touch that lot for less than 75 per pop. Friend or no friend. And salting would be 75 per visit.

He's got money, believe me. Don't let them sing you the song. Your trucks and equip weren't free.

14. tjlands

tjlands Senior Member

He's right, way to cheap. On average you have to spend 40K for a good reliable snow truck and you guys would charge $40. My min for commercial is $125

15. country_boy

country_boy Junior Member

i would say about half of what your hour rate is. if 85 per hour charge him like 45. you will be done with that in like 10-15min

16. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

i would plow it for free and ask him if he would give me something to eat.

17. Turf Commando

Turf Commando Senior Member

I was thinking $30 per push, better take another look at those pics...:dizzy:

18. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

is $30/push worth risking the liability of a restaurant lot? (which i'm guessing serves alchohol)

$125 minimum for commercials.

19. RamPainting LLC

RamPainting LLC Senior Member

We are all in business to make money! how would you feel, if your truck broke down on a $30 job to help a buddy? Sounds like he is more at risk making his customers walk threw 5" of snow, after a few cocktails :drinkup: :nono:

20. Turf Commando

Turf Commando Senior Member

I guess the price really depends on what he will pay...
    Myself, have liability Insurance of 2 million so if anything happens my fault, your fault, it's covered...

How's the $125 minimum price working ..? around here you would be out of business in 1 season..