1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

price on Western WoW

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by getmydrift, Oct 21, 2005.

1. getmydrift

getmydrift Member

in pricing a plow on a new truck from Reno nevada dealer, 8.6 pro plus straight, quoated $6400,a mvp v plow $7400 installed, I got another dealer from western website, in Salt Lake City, about 500 miles away, for the exact same plows, $4795, and $5445 respectivly. I called dealer in Reno and asked why, told me thats what he can get. and If I didnt like his price, drive to Salt Lake City. talk about price gouging, guess Im going to Salt Lake city. Priced a myers and Boss, got about same price, around 6200 for 8.5 straight. just had to vent getting screwed out west:mad: :gunsfiring:
  2. 1BadHawk

1BadHawk Member

I just called today (Maryland) for a new 7.5' Meyers, Western, Blizzard. Granted, smaller plow, but wow, I cant believe the prices. Installed Meyers-$4300 , Western $3800+tax, Blizzard $3800. Good thing Im not looking for a 8.5' . I called 3 or 4 dealers for each, these were the going rates give or take a $100.

Going to do like you did, call some dealers a little further, perhaps more remote than the city, maybe Ill do some driveing too.

Good luck.
  3. getmydrift

getmydrift Member

Its like the price of diesel, at this point Id love to pay $4800. for a plow installed. I talked to western plow this afternoon to complain they told me they have a suggested retail, but allow their dealers to charge what ever. It seems that myers and Boss out here have conspired to keep there price about the same. I called the dealer again in Salt Lake, so It looks like were going to visit my mother in law who lives near salt lake. 250 round trip in diesel. I would like a western, only for the Back drag option. western,Myers and Boss are the only dealers in the Lake Tahoe area.
  4. Mebes

Mebes Senior Member

Are you able to do the install yourself?

Just checked prices at Central parts warehouse , and they are selling the westerns for............8'6" pro plus $3,851.95, and 8.5 MVP $4,485.11
    Pay under $200 for shipping and no tax for an out of state sale.

You only need to drill 8 holes on the Ford's and have to locate and tap into 4 wires to do the wiring.

Took me about 8 hrs the first time to assemble the blade ,wire, and mount up the truck.
    But I have removed a few mounts from trucks before so I was familiar with the install before starting.
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2005
  5. kingriver

kingriver Senior Member
    from alaska

7 1/2' western pro plow

this is a price from last year around this same time.

I had a 7 1/2' Pro plus installed and it cost us 4345.00 for all, less wings that cost us another 495.00 and a deflector kit @200.00 and a back blade at 80.00.
    GRAND TOTAL (5283.00) WOW !!!! That was last year,, we are calling the (1) and only dealer here for a price quote tomorrow,, will be interesting to see how much things have gone up, Closest other dealer is over the mountain and through the pass,, me an toto...
  6. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

They get around $3700 for a Western 8' Pro Plow out here in New Jersey installed. pumpkin:
  7. Runner

Runner Senior Member

Not to sound like a smart-alek, or anything, but it begs the question; Just how much call for snowplows do they HAVE in Reno Nevada? That's kind of like ordering a convertible in the Antartic! :)
  8. RenoSparks

RenoSparks Junior Member

Had the same problem

Hey Getmydrift,

First post here, glad I found this site. I ran into the same problem at Jordans as you are talking about. I found that I could get an 8.5' Pro Plow complete for a 04 GMC for $3650.00 shipped from etruckequipment dot com so I ordered it. A week later I had it. Great people and no sales tax. I will see if I can find thier number so you can call this gal named Tracy.

Reno is 8 hours north of Vegas at an elevation of 4500'. Although we may not get winters like they do in the midwest we still get a fair amount of the wet stuff. Last year Reno got several feet several times. If you live on top of a mountain like I do with a 15% grade you gotta plow :)

I look foreward to hanging out here more often.
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2005
  9. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

I hope he is using some type of lube with those prices...LOL
  10. infineon954

infineon954 Senior Member

Out here, steel increases dictates the price. Last year an increase of 9% on the total price. This year 19%. All in all, $4100 installed will do it for an 8' Pro Plus Straight blade.
  11. steve in Pa.

steve in Pa. Member
    from Pa.

getting a 8'6" western v plow installed on monday 4,800.00. 500.00 more than same one installed last year on another truck. talk about inflation.:yow!: