1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

price on new plow?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by ahafft, Dec 3, 2006.

1. ahafft

ahafft Junior Member

i am just geting started and i want to get a plow for my truck. what king of plow and how much am i going to have to have to get my truck ready to plow. thanks for the help
  2. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Grab a snack and a cup of coffee. There is a lot of reading to be done. Enjoy! Fill out a signature or at least tell us what kind of truck you have.
  3. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Way too many things to know, what kind of truck, what kind of plowing (residential or commercial) how often do you intend to plow.
  4. ahafft

ahafft Junior Member

sorry about that i thought i had my sig filled out. i have a 2000 chevy old body style 2500 reg cab 4x4 with with a 350 gas
  5. FeelLikeANumber

FeelLikeANumber Member

Click on a few of the links above ... i.e. fisher, western, boss, snow way, hiniker, meyer. Most of those sites will have a chart or link where you can fill in your truck info (year, make, model) and they'll suggest their best plow for your vehicle. Some sites dont have those and therefore you'll have to contact your nearest dealer if you want a certain brand. They dont list price but most have a link to locate a dealer near you. Otherwise when you find a plow that fits and you want a price post a new thread asking for a price on that specific plow.

6. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Well according to BOSS, you can mount up to a 8'2" Steel V on that truck, or anything smaller than that. My friend is getting a 8'2" V installed on Wednesday for $4500.00. Like said above, start reading threads! :)
  7. ahafft

ahafft Junior Member

how about a used snow-way for $1,600 not installed. is this a good deal???havent seen the plow to know if it is in good condition just called the place that was selling it.