1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Price on an 04 Silverado

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by RBRONKEMA GHTFD, Jan 20, 2007.

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

He guys I am looking at a 2004 Chevy Silverado 2500 hd. This truck has the ex-cab D-max and is the lt model. It is fully loaded. Power camper mirrors 10 way heated leather seats,with only 31,000 miles. The previous owner used it to haul his 24 foot camper around like one time. There isn't a scratch on this truck it is very clean. The dealership that has the truck wants $30,000 for it. I don't think that was with dealer fees, but if you think about it, it will be about another grand, give or take. My question is, is that a far price for that truck or are they trying to rip me off? What would be a good price to offer them for that truck? I was thinking of offering them $27,000 with dealer fees? Any help would be great guys. They kept trying to get me to trade my 02 silverado in but I am not going to do that. They said we'll give you $12,500 for yours. I told them no way. I can easily get $16,000 for mine. If any of you are interested in a 02 regular cab 2500hd ls model chevy private message me and I'll send you details.:salute:

2. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

FYI That is the worst year to buy. Go over to the Dodge vs Chevy post and watch the video. They have overheating problems with them. You can get a new 07 Dodge with the 5.9 for 33k and the motor is at least 100x better.
  3. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Ryan, as close as I could figure it based on your description, Kelley Blue Book gives a suggested retail of just over 30k and a private party price of just under 27k.

Unfortunately even the Private Party price on your truck is $12,900. Trade in value wouldn't be more than $11k with a dealer. Now you'd expect to pay $15k on a dealer's lot for that truck, but it's gonna be hard to get that through private sale.

Wish I had better news for ya

4. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Big Dave has a point about price -- GM is known for having expensive trucks. You can go Dodge or Ford for less money, but brand loyalty is tough to break!

Good luck!