1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Price on a mount and new wire harness? Is this right?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by tbrownell, Aug 30, 2010.

1. tbrownell

tbrownell Member

Hey guys -

a friend of mine just bought a new 2010 Chevy 2500hd with the 6.0 in it and wanted to take the uni-mount pro plow off his old Chevy 1500. he called the dealer to get a price on a mount for the new truck and a new wiring harness (the old one was all hacked up). they told him he had to get the ultra mount and the adapter to mount it witch I understand but the total price came out to around $2100 and that didn't include install.

Does that sound right or not?

maybe I'm just crazy but I'm a boss plow guy and haven't priced westerns in a long time.

2. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

YUP! Thats what all the parts at retail prices are gonna cost...................

I paid $1600 installed to swap my Ultra from my 04 gmt-800 to my 07 gmt-900.
    Need new mounting carton, both (2) truck and plow side harness', New lights,
    wiring module (forgot correct name).
    Nothing swaps..........GM changed the wiring AGAIN!

Your double screwed cause you have a UNI mount.
    IF you could find a Uni mounting carton for the 2010........Bummer they no make em'!
    A gmt-800 mount won't work on a gmt-900 without major modifications (per Jerre in Erie)
    So yer outta luck on that end !

I been there and done that ! Yea its $pendy................

Last edited: Aug 31, 2010