1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

price of used plow

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by blueline38, Jun 22, 2011.

1. blueline38

blueline38 Senior Member

Looking for opinions on what is too much to pay for this plow. It's an 8' Fisher HD MM2. The dealer believes the plow is about four years old. Thanks in advance for the replies.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
  2. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

I'm pretty sure 06 was the last year of the square lights, someone correct me if I'm wrong. It has the old style lift arm, just a steel loop holding the chain to the arm (they wear thru, it happened to mine). Offer $1800 and go from there.

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Is that just the power head or does it include truck side mounts and harnesses?

4. jkski

jkski Member

I've got an 8' Meyer set-up that is 3 years old and looks new that comes with everything you need to hook-up to a 99-2007 Chevy/GMC 2500 or 3500. This is the Agressor steel blade with the XPress Mount so you just plug it in and hit the toggle switch and it mounts itself.
    If you are interested it is for sale in the used equipment section with photos.

5. blueline38

blueline38 Senior Member

Are you suggesting $1800 just for the plow? He hasn't given me a price yet but it's sounding like around $2500 installed. It also has the extra hole to mount the new style head lamps. Don't know if that makes a difference.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2011
  6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

That is a real fair price installed.

7. blueline38

blueline38 Senior Member

That's what I was thinking. I'm waiting for the quote. He said he sells them for $3500 installed but wants to get it below $3,000 for me. So, it will be between $2500 and $3000. I know the truck side mount is several hundred and I'm sure the wiring harness and the module is too plus labor. Thanks for the replies!

8. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Start with the first 2 numbers on the serial number to get the year. It's not uncommon for the headgear and the plow to have 2 different years, but they'll be close. Good luck!

9. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

$2500 installed is a good price.

10. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

That plow is an 04 or 05 by the headgear and sticker on the plow. 2500 to 3000 is a good price for that plow installed

11. MrPLow2011

MrPLow2011 Senior Member
    from Boston

Are you planning installing it on that new ford? I would think that would be a pricey install. Not sure if you can use white label iso. But I am pretty sure ou wil have to buy new push plates. Thats about 400. That plow is worth 2k and wires if found used about 200. So 3k would be a fair price installed

12. blueline38

blueline38 Senior Member

yes, it's going on the new ford. He is looking into his cost on the push plates, wiring and module. I'm sure it will end up being around $3000 and I am good with that. A new plow will run me around $6000. I only plow my driveway, my neighbors and occasionally my parents and some co-workers when we get buried in several feet of snow so used is good!

13. brad96z28

New 8ft hd str8 blades here run around 4500 installed around here.

14. JTVLandscaping

JTVLandscaping Senior Member

I was thinking the same thing, I like to save money but its not a big enough difference in price for me to go with a used plow.

15. blueline38

blueline38 Senior Member

To be honest I haven't checked this year on the price of a new fisher blade. In January, when I bought the truck, I priced a new 8' Western and it was around $6,000 here.

16. blueline38

blueline38 Senior Member

new plow

Ok, I lied. I just researched my previous post and it was $4500 for the 8' western pro. I will have to check with the local fisher dealer.

17. JTVLandscaping

JTVLandscaping Senior Member

I priced out a Fisher XLS over the winter for around $5,000 installed

18. MrPLow2011

MrPLow2011 Senior Member
    from Boston

These plow prices have gone up dramaticly recently. I just checked CPW and they are close to 5k for a 8ft yellow. New trucks get a rebate.

19. brad96z28

20. blueline38

blueline38 Senior Member

We'll see what I do. The used plow is in good shape and $1500 isn't anything to shake a stick at. Hell, It's a new set of tires (the continental SUCK)! It's also 1/3 the price of the new one. Now, if we were talking a $20,000 new motorcycle VS a $18,500 used one then I would go with the new!