1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Price of Treated Bulk Salt

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Drottlawn, Jan 16, 2008.

1. Drottlawn

Drottlawn Senior Member

I was wondering what the price of calcium treated salt would be and if it is available in the Cincinnati area. Anybody else use such stuff. I know some use magic? treated, but I don't think that is available around here. Right now I use straight salt that has a anti-caking solution added to it. I see the county and city trucks with the blue calcium treated salt all the time. I was debating about going to it. Any help will be appreciated.
    Right now I pay a little over 57/ton delivered for the plain salt.

2. qualitylawncare

qualitylawncare Senior Member

We use a Sodium/ Magnesium Chloride treated salt w/ pre-wetting agent.
    Blue in color. Works great! use about 1/3 compared to regular white salt.

$34.00/ton picked up

3. KCAPXIS

KCAPXIS Senior Member
    from NE PA.

The Blue salt w/ cal added is Clear-lane by Cargil salt co I entered into a summer price quote/contract for 100 tons delivered @ $65 a ton great deal was told and it is also in the paper work from Cargil that deliveries range 3 to 5 bus Days...no problem ( last year. 06/07 had no delivery problems) the first order took 8 days ??? 2ed order took 28 Days... I called Cargil several times.. and was told that all Government / State contracts get filled first and that I am on the list... needless to say I had to go and find a different supplier

Clear Lane is a great product just wish I could say the same about Cargil

4. KCAPXIS

KCAPXIS Senior Member
    from NE PA.

Sorry its Green I am a little color blind w/ green/blue

5. cincy snowdog

cincy snowdog Senior Member

no difference in color here

the blue salt is the same as your white salt,that is mortons way to show off their product,all the salts here have anti caking.