1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Price of tailgates

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by greenquestlawn, Feb 9, 2003.

1. greenquestlawn

greenquestlawn Senior Member

I have a brand new tailgate for a 2002 f-250 and am looking to find out what it is worth, It was left in my shop by a friend when he moved to Las Vagas and now he wants to sell it as he sold the truck. I can not seem to find any sites that list prices on new tailgates. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Rooster

Rooster Member
    from Kansas

Todd,
    Call your local Ford dealership, then you will get the price for new.

Rick

3. sno-mover

sno-mover Senior Member

Me being in the auto body industry, would say that it is worth about $100-$150.

4. Mark Erpelding

Mark Erpelding Member
    from indiana

5. drobson

drobson Senior Member

The dealer had to get a used one for my used F350 I bought a few months ago. They said they paid $200 for it. I have seen many in the want ad for $100-$350 depending on the condition.

6. BATTLIN_BLAZES

BATTLIN_BLAZES Member

well to make a long story short, i replaced mine after taking on a big :realmad: rock falling from a backhoe, it was an insurance job parts, labor, paint was around $900. the insurance man advised me to find a new hobby:nono:

7. greenquestlawn

greenquestlawn Senior Member

wow is all I can say.

I called the ford dealer and he said for a full tailgate would be around $1000.00 for a new one:eek:

Of course that is because they have to get all the pieces, put it together, and paint it. I know this is not worth that much being used and already whole.

Its white, and was taken off the truck within one week after it was bought, it has been sitting in my shop since then.

Here is a pic

2.jpg

8. Mark Erpelding

Mark Erpelding Member
    from indiana

So what were you thinking you would sell it for? Mark at affordablelawn@comcast.net 260-410-1053 I could pick it up at your location

9. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

post it on EBAY and the dieselstop.com
    They will run the price right up.
    Dino

10. Swampbeast

Swampbeast Junior Member
    from Texas

Looks pretty good! Good paint, no scratches, looks nice. If it was only on there for about a week, see if you can get $800 for it, if a brand new one costs $1000. Man, $1000 for a piece of steel with paint and plastic on it....whew!

11. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

Its worth 500 here .That is a hot item,they get stolen all the time to replace damages ones.

12. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

the truck equipment place i had my plow put on sells take off bodies and tail gates pretty cheap. you can get a whole body from a new ford or chevy pick up for $800, and he sells the tail gates for $200.

13. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Just saw one on E-bay recently for a superduty around $800 and still bidding,start pricing some of this crap piece by piece and you quickly see why the truck costs so much from the get go!And if your really brave,try pricing some glass for one of these newer trucks-been there,done that-scary:eek: