1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Price? MM2 to X Blade?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by dmax 2500hd, Jan 13, 2009.

1. dmax 2500hd

dmax 2500hd Junior Member

Hello everyone. What should I expect to pay to upgrade my plow from a MM2 to a stainless steel X Blade? Also, do you think it is worth the price? I plow 4 commercial parking lots and 20 driveways. It is my personal truck, so nobody else is "abusing it." Thanks for your input. (By the way, I live in the northeast region, Rochester NY)

2. mc1

mc1 Senior Member

i bought mine last year for 5400 installed it was new but previous year stock. had cycon install it DO NOT GO THERE . they didnt tighten any of the bolts or hoses.
    go to thru way spring and ask for chris he is very knowledgeable. i have a 9 ft x blade it kicks ass i am also in roc city !!!

3. dmax 2500hd

dmax 2500hd Junior Member

was that 5400.00 price a complete new install? I was hoping that I could reuse the frame mount and wiring, along with the existing Fishstick. Really doesn't seem like there is any labor associated with the switch over, but I don't know.... Thru way guys are great, I have used them before. The guys that did my 05 GMC install did an excellent job. Very meticulous! This one I had installed somewhere else...not nearly as great of an experience...live and learn!

4. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Cost you about a grand more as long as your plow is in nice shape. Sell your off truck set up and buy a Xblade off truck set up. Thats what I did. Check Craigslist

5. bad93blaster

bad93blaster Member

i have been wondering this for a while
    keep this thread updated

6. snow7899

snow7899 Senior Member

The blade runs about 2000.00 and will depend on the size blade. Then you can sell your moldboard to get back some of the money.